09

Yellow awakes to the bed being empty. She rises up and looks around. She catches a glimpse of the top of her head and Yellow crawls across the bed to her.

Blue sits on the floor, her back against the bed. The horns on her head larger than last night and began to curve. She was staring at the ground. Yellow touches her head and Blue turns around.

Her eyes were red from crying. Blue looks away.

"Lacertiform."

"What?"

Blue sniffles, wiping her eyes. "Characteristics found in lizards."

"Why are you bringing this up?" Yellow asks and Blue stands up.

That was why. A tail has formed. It wasn't long but was definitely there. Blue shrugs and Yellow notices it's still dark outside.

"Its still dark?"

"Early morning judging by the moon." Blue clarifies.

Yellow sighs and gets up. "We should leave early anyways. We won't run into anyone at this time."

Blue nods slowly and grabs her now dry blanket.

"Wait here Blue, I'll be right back, I want to get something."

Blue sits down on the bed as Yellow leaves. Where could she be going this early in the morning? She rolls her eyes and lifts her shirt.

The large blue scales of the underbelly was showing now. She frowns running a claw up it. She couldn't feel that razor sharp edge and flopped onto the bed.

Maybe she should run away. Leave Yellow alone so she wouldn't have to deal with this. Or just ask her to kill her. Yellow would get her knight hood back and Blue doesn't have to deal with the thought of turning into the beast for good.

In the end she didn't want to die. At least not now. Yellow can be difficult yes, but she liked her. She cared for Blue unlike others. She puts her shirt back down and patiently waits for Yellow to return.

She turns and looks at the pillow next to her. The one Yellow was laying on of course and plants her head on it.

...why did she just do that?

Blue's tail nub wags back and forth. The door handle clicks and she instantly snaps upwards. Turning to the door she tries hiding her still wagging nub.

Yellow holds her hands behind her back and smiles. Blue raises an arched brow.

"What?" She asks.

She watches as Yellow's cheeks lightly dust with pink.

"For you." Yellow says, moving her hands out from her back and holding her them out.

It was clothes and Blue stands up. She grabs it and unrolls it out. A new cloak.

"You were really upset last night and I wanted to see if they carried any clothes around here." Yellow explains.

Blue smiles and wraps it around her body. "Thank you but uh what shops are open this early?"

Yellow smirks. "The ones that take enough coins to open this early."

Blue chuckles and clips the hook. She sits on the bed and stretches her legs out, the scales tearing her pants. She sighs and stands back up.

"Food then we go back to walking."

Yellow nods and goes to their bag. She finds the berries she packed and takes them out in a handful. She offers it to Blue, who declines and Yellow shrugs.

Next she finds the meat in a pot and lid. Which most likely was spoiled by the heat yesterday. Yellow doesn't take it out and settles on the berries.

"Why didn't you take the meat out?" Blue asks.

"It's probably spoiled by now."

"Take it out please. I want to check at least."

Yellow sighs and takes it out. She opens the lid and was surprised that only bits a pieces were going bad. She looks at Blue and honestly gets scared.

Her eyes weren't human and she looked like she was about to attack Yellow.

"Deep breaths Blue."

Blue gets on all fours, slowly walking forward and jumps onto Yellow, pinning her to the floor. She digs her claws into Yellow's shoulder's and Yellow pushes her off.

She winces as the claws leave her skin and Blue returns normal. She looks down at her claws and sees the blood. Panicking Blue tears pieces of her pants off and places it over the deep wounds.

She frowns. "I'm so sorry Yellow! I have no idea what came over me!"

Yellow smiles wearily. "It's alright. I've survived worse."

Blue wipes her nails on her shirt and helps Yellow up.

"Like what?"

"A raging dragon." Yellow laughs.

Blue narrows her eyes. "Not funny."

Yellow's laughing slowly subsides.

"A little funny."

Blue growls. "Let's just go."

Yellow packs their things and Blue puts up her hood. They walk out and freeze seeing the queens knights. Yellow pulls Blue back slowly into the room. She could already feel her clenching her fists.

She slides her hand into hers and gives it a squeeze.

"Don't. Quietly now." Yellow says, closing the door slightly but not all the way.

Blue sighs and nods. She follows Yellow's lead out the window and into the wet forest. Yellow keeps them running until Blue stops them.

"Yellow stop we're going to get lost."

Yellow catches her breath and her wounds started burning. Badly.

Almost like sizzling or electrical current running through her body. Blue tilts her head at her.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

Yellow nods. "Y-yeah I'm fine. I guess the running just agitated it."

"...alright then. We should go back the way we came from. Hopefully they'll be gone."

Blue using her new vision helps them through the forest just behind the tavern. They travel behind it and stay in the shadows near the trail.

The knights weren't seen anywhere which was good but Yellow had a different idea.

"Let's follow them." She tells her.

".....what if we get caught?"

"Not with your senses."

Blue smiles softly and finds them pretty fast going a separate route. Presumably going to report back to the queen, in their case, was like finding gold.

_________________________________________
Phew. I did IT. Lmao sorry for not updating-

So someone made me fan art 😭

When they messaged me I started crying because I love their art s o  m u c h.

Ok so sorry if this chapter seems lazy but oooo Yellow burning huh?

Like your passion for Blue?-

-Ignore grammar mistakes, I only skimmed and scanned it-