08

Warning, slight mentions of suicide 😥

Blue groaned. The walk was terrible. It had just turned dawn and they hadn't stopped yet. She knew Yellow would be used to all this walking but she wasn't herself. The different heights of her legs also didn't help.

"Yellow please. Let's stop." She begged again for the 7th time.

Yellow sighs and stops, turning around. "Alright we can stop."

"Ugh finally." Blue spots a rock and sits in front, leaning against it.

She winces and sits up rubbing her back feeling the bumps have turned sharper and curved facing down. She frowns and scratches her arm.

The scales were uncomfortable and Blue lays down on her stomach, using her blanket as a pillow.

"Hey Yellow?"

Yellow looks up at her from stretching out her legs.

"Yes?"

"Can I die?"

Yellow stops and freezes. "What? Why would you ask that?"

"Seems better than living like this. My whole body is uncomfortable and staying as that monster doesn't appeal to me either."

"Blue..."

"No. Let me finish. I can't live like this. Knowing that I can't escape this fate."

"Don't think like that. We'll find a way to break your curse."

Blue smiles sadly at Yellow. "I hope so. I haven't found one yet."

Yellow stands and holds her hand out for Blue to grab. Blue grabs it and is pulled to her feet with her blanket in hand. She wraps it around herself and they begin walking once more.

By now it was in the middle of the day and they were resting under a tree to escape the blistering sun. The two laid on Blue's blanket, Yellow basically dying of heat and Blue contempt because some parts of her cold blooded.

Blue chuckles at Yellow. "What is it Yellow, are you hot?"

A smug smile on her face. Yellow nods, giving up on her antics.

"Yes. Stop making me talk, it's too hot for that."

Blue looks up at the sky, enjoying the warm sun and spreads her claws. She sees some dark clouds west of them and smiles.

"You're in luck. There are some rain clouds."

She looks back down and apparently with new hearing she hears armor clinking, coming closer.

"....that's new but Yellow we have to leave."

Yellow was panting at this point and had her arms over her eyes.

"..Yellow?"

The blonde doesn't respond and Blue crawls over to her. She tries shaking her but she doesn't wake up. Heat exhaustion.

"Yellow please...wake up.." She pleads, shaking her more violently.

Yellow shakes her head lazily and her arms fall to her side. Blue pulls her up by her shirt but Yellow falls back down. The clinking of armor was louder now and extremely close.

She panics and moves Yellow to lay against the tree. Blue turns around and the knights were in view. She growls and slips into where a bundle of trees grew.

The knights wore White's symbol on their shoulder meaning it was her personal guard. They walked in two straight lines consisting of 10 each.

The ground shook but the knights were unfazed by it. That is until a blue flame covers the trail leading to Yellow. All of them take out their swords and move back to back.