The sneak attack

The sneak attack.

From all the poems written on the subject of unrequited love, There are so few on the pain of being the object of that affection. The truth is, Hayley, It's not love on which the strongest foundations are built. It's the decency of merciful lies. -Niklaus mikaelson

 -Niklaus mikaelson

The cold breeze hitting her face blinded her. She tried her best to overcome it, she hid her face behind her hands. The fur coat she was wearing wasn't any help in keeping her warm as she felt like she was freezing alive.

She then felt her hands going numb as the snow started to reach her knees. She tried to escape it, but it was too deep. She then took a deep breath as she used her left hand to cover her face. Her right hand went to her knees, there was a pocket located right above it, but it was secured with a digital lock.

The cold became worse. She couldn't breathe, but she had to unlock the pocket. Her hand searched around the pocket for any buttons or symbols, then she felt a small button located right above it. She managed to press it and a blue hologram swiftly appeared in front of her. She could feel it, the warmth radiation from the hologram. She removed her left hand from her face, wanting to look at what the hologram said.

She was about to see it when a door slammed open and a woman with brown messy hair in simple jeans and a top pressed the light button on again.

The girl in the coat groaned as the fake holographic snow disappeared with the wind makers and air coolers, revealing the simple room that was actually there. The girl was standing on her bed with a cardboard sword in her hand, the carpet looked as if nothing had ever happened on it. She removed the fake coat as she turned to look at the woman who had barged in suddenly.

"I almost finished! You can't do this every time I'm faking a battle, Mary," Jessica whined as she removed her sound sensor headphones and moved the strands of her brown hair from her eyes.

"I'll stop barging in on your holo battles when you start winning them in the given time. And we've gone over this before, you're not a kid anymore. When will you start using actual swords?" Mary walked towards her with a sympathetic face.

"Mare, we've gone over this before. Daggers are my thing, swords and ripping hearts out is yours. Now leave! I have a call with...Susan! Yeah her. I promised to meet her in town today," Jessica  almost told the truth. She hesitated before saying Susan, as If she was lying.

"Oh is that so, jay? And is this the same Susan who was in your room last month?" Mary questioned with a smirk as she sat on the edge of the bed. The girl sat down beside her, leaving the cardboard sword in the middle of the bed.

"Jay, you know that you can't risk being spotted. The last time I let you out with that blonde friend of yours, your leg had to face the consequences," Mary explained as she pointed towards a bruise on her left leg, it was right above her knee.