Golden rose strings and deep blue lakes [13]

"I believe that when you love someone and that person loves you in return you're uniquely vulnerable. They have a power to hurt you that's like nothing else" – Elijah mikaelson (like seriously though, isn't everything Elijah says swoon-worthy?)

 They have a power to hurt you that's like nothing else" – Elijah mikaelson (like seriously though, isn't everything Elijah says swoon-worthy?)

Golden rose strings and deep blue lakes

"Please tell me you are joking," Sebastian asked Jessica in surprise as he looked at her. She was looking at the meteor shower, lost in her own world.

"I wish I was but no- she chuckled and turned towards Sebastian as she continued -I've never gotten drunk. I've drunk alcohol before but not enough to get myself drunk," she answered.

"Then consider this as your birthday gift from me," he gave a small smile as he stood up and stretched his hand towards Jessica. Jessica raised her eyebrow as her eyes went to his hand.

"I know this little classy event in town. It's elite but simple elite, there'll be performers and the alcohol over there is quite good," he said to her with his eyebrows raised, hoping to not seem like a weirdo.

"You can't be serious, we just met a week ago or something and it's late at night. I'm not getting drunk with you when I don't even know your full name," she told him with an oddly twisted look.

The truth was, the offer was tempting. She was a bit tired from the day but what if it was an opportunity to get to know him better? But then came her paranoia, telling her about all the ways the night could go wrong.

"Sebastian Valois. I'm Sebastian Valois and who said anything about me getting drunk? Think about it. The meteor shower is ending," he tried to convince her with his smile. 

A part of him knew that it was sudden and she might just think of him as an idiot, but what if just maybe she enjoyed the night without having to worry about anything else?

"It's an elite thing? Well then I don't have anything elite enough to wear- she would have continued if he hadn't interrupted her.

"-Now your just making excuses. Thirty minutes," he finished while he acted like he was touching a watch on his hand. She gave out a sigh as she looked at him.

"I'll be waiting," he told her with a hopeful grin as he walked down the staircase from the roof, his hands deep inside his pockets.

She looked up again but the meteor shower had ended. The clouds were covering parts of the moon. The moonlight falling on the surface gave out a faint light, faint enough to show her the stairs. 

She still hasn't decided but she wasn't going to stay on the roof for no reason. She walked down the stairs to her room and turned the light switch on.

There were no windows in the old room. The beige walls were covered with dust and stickers, the rosewood closet had splinters and the paint chipping off the walls just looked odd, but she enjoyed the room.