::5::

"Now this has an interesting feature," the lady in the antique store said. "It has a dust jacket. Books used to have these to protect the covers. Of course that was before they had dust-repellent paper."

   "Oh yes, of course," Rosie said, agreeing with the crazy statement.

   "And if you're interested in dust, we have a quaint little piece from the 1980's. It's called a Dustbuster," she said, showing the small vacuum machine.

   "Oh my mother has one of those," Rosie said, having fun with the part she was playing.

   "I think we'll just take the book," Marty said. They paid for the book and walked back outside. Marty took it out of its bag. "I can't lose."

   "Marty! Rosie!" Doc exclaimed from behind them. They turned around to see the DeLorean in midair. "Up here!"

   "Hey Doc!" Rosie exclaimed.

   "What's going on?" Marty called up to him.

   "Stand by. I'll park over there," Doc said.

   "Yeah alright," Marty said.

   "Sounds good," Rosie said. The DeLorean began to sink towards the ground and it's wheels turned upright into the car.

   "Right on time!" Marty exclaimed.

   "A flying DeLorean?" The older Biff said from the side where he was watching intently. "I haven't seen one of those in thirty years."

At that moment, Marty Jr stumbled out of the cafe, bumping into Biff.

"Hey!" Biff exclaimed angrily.

"Sorry. Excuse me sir," the boy said. He ran out into the street and almost got it by a car. "Hey! Hey I'm walking here!" Biff looked over at Marty and Rosie, then back to their son.

   "What the hell?" Biff questioned. "Two of 'em?" He continued to look between the two.

   "I left him in a suspended animation kennel," Doc said. Rosie was petting Einstein's fur and Marty kneeled beside her. "Einstein never knew I was gone! Kids! What in the name of Sir Isaac Newton happened here?"

   "Oh yeah Doc, listen," Marty said. "Our kid showed up."

   "All hell broke loose," Rosie said.

   "Your kid! Great Scott! The sleep induced. I was afraid of this," he said, falling into the car. "It didn't work! There wasn't enough power! Damn!"

   "Whoa. Doc, Doc, Doc, look at this!" Rosie exclaimed, grabbing the newspaper from the car. She pointed out what she was talking about to Marty.

   "It's changing," Marty said, looking at Rosie. The three looked at the newspaper and saw the original headline changing. It now said 'Gang Jailed. Hoverboard rampage destroys courthouse.'

"Yes!" Rosie exclaimed, smiling widely at Marty. They all looked over to see the gang being arrested outside of the courthouse. Doc stood up and took a picture.

"Ah yes! Yes, of course. Because this hoverboard incident had now occurred, Griff now goes to jail," Doc said excitedly. "Therefor, your son won't go with him tonight and that robbery will never take place. Thus, history, future history, has now been altered, and this is the proof!"

   "Fantastic!" Rosie exclaimed, moving to hold Marty's hand, who took it gratefully, smiling down at her.

   "Kids, we've succeeded, not exactly as I planned, but no matter," Doc said. "Let's go home!" Marty grabbed his hoverboard and the almanac fell out of the car.

   "Ohhh you're gonna be in trouble," Rosie teased.

   "What's this?" Doc asked, picking it up.

   "Uh, a souvenir," Marty said nervously.

   "Fifty years of sports statistics," Doc read. "Hardly recreational reading material Marty."

   "Told you," Rosie said from where she was leaning on the car.

   "Well hey doc, what's the harm in bringing back a little info on the future?" He asked. "You know, maybe we could place a couple of bets."

   "Marty! I didn't invent the time machine for financial gain. The intent here is to gain a clearer perception of humanity. Where we've been, where we're going, the pitfalls" he said. "The possibilities, the perfect, and the promise. Perhaps even an answer to that universal question-why?"

   "Hey, Doc, I'm all for that," Marty said, spreading his arms out. Rosie shook her head and leaned on her knees to get eye level with Einstein.

   "He's super dumb isn't he?" She asked Einstein, who barked. She took that as an agreement and stood back up.

   "But what's wrong with making a few buck on the side?" Marty mumbled. Doc took the almanac and began to run.

"Rosie go throw this in the trash can," Doc ordered, handing her the almanac.

"On it Doc," she said, taking the book and walking towards the alley. She saw a police car, which sparked her curiosity. She began to walk towards it, but they obviously didn't see her. The door opened and hit her in the head, causing her to fall unconscious.

"What was that?" A police officer asked. They walked over to the sound and dragged Rosie upwards, scanning her.

"McFly, Emma Rose Louis, 3793 Oakhurst Street, Hilldale, age 47," one of the police officers read. Doc grabbed Marty by the shirt and pulled him behind a wall.

   "47? That's a hell of a good facelift," the other officer said.

   "What the hell are they doin' Doc?" Marty asked.

   "They used her thumbprint to assess her ID," Doc informed him. "Since her thumbprint never changed over the years, they simply assume she's the Rosie of the future."

"Well we gotta stop 'em," Marty said with determination.

"What are we gonna say? That we're time travelers? They'd have us committed," Doc said with wide eyes.

"She's clean. That means we take her home," an officer said.

"Home? To Hilldale? It'll be dark by the time we get out there."

"That's it! They're taking her home. To your future home. We'll arrive shortly thereafter, get her out of there, and go back to 1985!" Doc said, forming a plan.

"You mean I'm gonna see where I live? I'm gonna see myself as an old man?" Marty asked nervously.

"No, no, no Marty. That could result in..." Doc said, then gasped. "Great Scott! Rosie could conceivably encounter her future self! The consequences of that could be disastrous!" He turned around and Marty grabbed his arms, turning him around.

   "Doc what do you mean?"

   "I foresee two possibilities. One, coming face to face with herself thirty years older would put her into shock, and she'd simply pass out, or two, the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted that's the worst case scenario."

   "Well that's a relief," Marty said, before looking into the alley and seeing the police car take off. They hid behind the wall once more.

   "Let's go, I sure hope we find Rosie before she finds herself. The skyway is jammed it's gonna take us forever to get there. And this stays here. I didn't invent a time machine to win at gambling I invented a time machine to travel through time!" He said, before tossing the almanac in the trash.

   "I know. I know, Doc."