::9::

"You son of a bitch!" Marty yelled, running after her. Two of the men who had brought them there grabbed his arms, holding him back while Rosie kneeled down next to Lorraine, helping her up.

   "Always the little hothead huh?" Biff said as Marty struggled against the men, and they only tightened their grips. Rosie stood up and slowly began to walk towards them. She noticed Biff walking towards Marty. "You wanna take a poke at me?" He then punched Marty in the stomach, causing him to groan.

"Don't you dare!" Rosie exclaimed, running towards him, but a man grabbed her around the waist and pulled her close to him so she couldn't run. Marty then fell to the ground in pain.

   "Oh and who's the pretty lady?" Biff asked, his attention now drawn to Rosie. He walked close to her and set his hand on her face, cupping her cheek and brushing hair out of her face with his fingers. She closed her eyes tightly, feeling violated and grossed out.

   "Leave her alone!" Marty tried to scream from the floor, but he was still clutching his stomach.

   "Damn it Biff, that's it! I'm leaving," Lorraine said. Biff only laughed mockingly.

   "So go ahead, but think about this Lorraine, who's gonna pay for all your clothes, huh? And your jewelry and your liquor?" He said, walking away from Rosie, who pulled herself out of the mans arms and ran towards Marty, sliding next to him and helping him sit up. He hugged her tightly, his stomach still hurting.

   "I won't let him touch you ever again," he said. "I promise."

   "Who's gonna pat for your cosmetic surgery, Lorraine?" Biff continued. She turned around quickly as she got to the top of the staircase.

   "You were the one who wanted me to get these things," she yelled back, moving her hands frantically. "If you want 'em back, you can have them."

   "Look Lorraine. You walk out that door, and I won't only cut off you. I'll cut off your kids," he said, pointing at her. She stopped and ran to the railing.

   "You wouldn't," she begged.

   "Oh wouldn't I?" He said. "First, your daughter Linda. I'll cancel all her credit cards. She can settle her debts with the bank all by herself. Your idiot son Dave, I'll get his probation revoked. And as for Marty? Well maybe you'd like to have all three of your kids behind bars, just like your brother, Joey. One big happy jailbird family."

   "Did you hear that?" Rosie whispered to Marty. He nodded and continued to hold her close to his body nervously, anxiety bubbling up inside.

   "Alright Biff, you win, I'll stay," Lorraine said.

   "As for you two, I'll be back up here in an hour, so you better not be," Biff said, pointing at the teenagers. Lorraine walked back down the stairs towards the young couple.

   "He was right, and I was wrong," she said, her resolve now completely gone. They turned around to face her.

   "Mrs McFly," Rosie said in a calm way to try to talk to her, but realized that that wouldn't be the best name to use.

   "Mom," Marty said in the same tone. "Mom what are you saying? You're actually defending him?"

   "I had it coming. He's my husband, and he takes care of all of us, and he deserves our respect."  She replied.

   "Respect!" The two yelled at the same time.

   "Lorraine that man does not deserve your respect! He's a cruel man who belongs on the streets," Rosie said passionately.

   "Your husband! How could he be your husband?" Marty said, hoping for pieces of this puzzle to fit into this adventure and give him answers.  "How could you leave dad for him?"

   "Leave dad? Marty are you feeling alright?"

   "No! No, I'm not feeling alright! I don't understand a damn thing that's going on around here, and why nobody can give me a straight hit answer," he said sitting on the steps. Rosie sat next to him.

   "Oh they must have hit you over the head hard this time," Lorraine said, moving her hand briefly over his hair, and Rosie couldn't help but focus on the words 'this time.' Had this been a regular occurrence in this timeline? Marty grabbed Lorraine's hand in his tightly, begging for an answer.

   "Mom, I just want to know one thing. Where's my father? Where's George McFly?"

   "Marty. George, your father, is in the same place he's been for the past twelve years. Oak Park Cemetery," she said. Rosie's throat tightened and she rubbed Marty's arm up and down while he took in what he had just heard.

   "The cemetery?" Rosie asked. Lorraine nodded.

   "Yes dear," she said. "Now I don't quite understand how you and Marty know each other." Marty was still staring at the wall, trying to take in and acknowledge what he had just found out.

   "I'm his..." she said, but realized that they still were having complications in their relationship. Which meant they hadn't had a moment to themselves to even talk about what they were. "I'm his girlfriend." She decided for simplicity's sake.

   "Well that's lovely dear," she said. She looked at Marty and saw his horrified expression still stuck on his face.

   "Sweetheart?" Rosie said. He snapped out of it and looked at her.

   "We have to go to the cemetery," he said.

   "Marty I'm not sure that a good idea," she said. Marty just looked at her with wide eyes that were filling with tears. She then gave him a small, sympathetic smile. "Let's go." They left Biff's hotel and began to run to the cemetery.

   Marty and Rosie were fifteen years old. They had been dared to go into the cemetery in the middle of the night. It was dark out, and the two clutched flashlights in their hands.

   "You scared yet?" Marty asked her nervously. She shook her head.

   "No. You?" She asked.

   "Same," he said. Suddenly, leaves ruffled behind them and they jumped, clutching each other tightly.

   "Just the wind," she said, holding her pounding heart.

   "Yeah," he said. "Just the wind."