::17::

Thunder rumbled overhead as Rosie, Marty, and Doc flew over Hill Valley. They landed in Lyon Estates, just as they had previously done, and Marty and Rosie hopped out, ready to inspect the DeLorean when he landed.

   "Doc, is everything alright, over?" Marty asked.

   "Ten-four kids, but it's pretty miserable flying weather. Much too turbulent to make a landing from this direction. I'll have to circle around and make a long approach from the south," Doc said. "Have you got the book?"

   "In my hand, Doc! I've got it in my hand!" Rosie exclaimed excitedly, taking it out of Marty's jacket pocket.

   "Burn it!" Doc said.

   "Check!" Marty exclaimed. Rosie kicked the hoverboard up from the floor so it landed in her hand, and they ran towards the Lyon Estates sign, before grabbing a bucket. The two kneeled beside it, and lit the Gray's Sports Almanac on fire. It burned to ashes, and the problem was finally solved. Marty watched as the box of matches he had taken from Biff's place changed from Biff's Pleasure Palace to Auto Detailing.

   "Marty your dad," Rosie reminded him, and he took the old newspaper out of his pocket. He watched the headline change to say the words, "George McFly Honored." Marty cheered.

   "Doc!" Rosie exclaimed into the walkie talkie, getting his attention as they stood up and rushed to look at the flying DeLorean.

   "Doc! That newspaper changed! Doc! My father's alive!" Marty exclaimed excitedly. "That means everything's back to normal, right?"

   "Mission accomplished," Doc said to himself as he watched his own newspaper change.

   "That mean Einie's okay, right?" Rosie asked.

   "That's right Rosie! It's the ripple effect," Doc said. "The future is back, so let's go home."

   "Right Doc, let's get our asses back to the fut-," Marty started, but it was cut short. Suddenly, a bold of lightning struck the tree next to them. They ducked as a branch fell.

   "Doc, Doc, are you okay?" Rosie yelled into the walkie talkie.

   "That was a close one kids. I almost bought the farm," Doc said.

   "Well be careful. You don't want to get struck by lightning!" Marty advised. As if on cue, the moment Marty stopped talking, lightning struck the DeLorean. The bright light caused the teenagers to shield their eyes. They fell to the ground, and looked up. The DeLorean was nowhere to be seen. Neither, was Doctor Emmett Brown.

   "Doc!" Rosie yelled, looking around. Marty stood up and helped her stand as he looked around the sky.

   "Doc?" Marty said. Rosie shook her head.

   "Oh god no," she said close to tears, and he pulled her into a hug. She stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her head. He laced his hands around her waist and continued to look at the sky. She stood back on her heels and took the walkie talkie from Marty's hands. "Doc, come in Doc."

   "Rosie he's not answering," he said solemnly. As if on cue, a flag that had been flying from the DeLorean fell from the sky. Rosie picked it up and saw the end of it was smoking. "No. He's gone."

   They both shed a few tears at the moment, worrying that they would never see their friend again, and that they would never get home. They stood in the pouring rain, and Rosie wrapped Marty's leather jacket around herself even tighter

   "The Docs gone," she said, trying to believe it. Suddenly, they turned around to see a car driving their way. They saw a man in a trench coat step out.

   "Ms. Louis? Mr. McFly?" He asked. They nodded at the odd question. How did this man know their names?

   "Huh?" Marty said, wrapping a protective arm around Rosie.

   "Are your names Rosie Louis and Marty McFly?" He questioned. Thunder rumbled and the two looked at each other with questioning looks. Marty looked back at the mysterious man.

   "Yeah," he said.

   "I've got something for you," the man said, walking towards them. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a letter.

   "A letter for us?" Rosie asked. "That's impossible."

   "Who the hell are you?" Marty asked, taking the letter.

   "Western Union. Actually, a bunch of us at the office were kinda hoping maybe you two could shed some light on the subject. See, we've had that envelope in our possession for the past seventy years," he said.

   "Seventy years," the teenagers whispered at the same time.

   "It was given to us with the explicit instructions that it be delivered to a young man and woman with you description, answering to the names of Marty McFly and Rosie Louis at this exact location, at this exact minute, November 12th, 1955. We have a little bet going as to whether this duo would actually be here. Looks like I lost," he said, and Rosie's mouth fell slightly open. How was this possible?

   "Did you say seventy years?" She asked once more, trying to confirm her theory.

   "Yeah. Seventy years, two months, Uh, twelve days, to be exact. Here, sign on line six, please" he handed them a clipboard with paper to sign. They each signed their names, and the man tucked the board back in his jacket. They opened the letter, and cheered.

   "It's from the Doc!" They exclaimed, looking at each other and smiling widely. The teenagers ran to the light of the car to read it.

   Dear Marty and Rosie, if my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw the DeLorean struck by lightning. First, let me assure you that I'm alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt that...

   "1885!" Marty exclaimed.

   "September, 1885!" Rosie yelled back. They started to run, before the man stopped them.

   "Wait, wait, kids! Wait a minute. What's this all about?"

   "He's alive! The Docs alive!" Marty yelled into the night.

   "Oh Marty he's in the old west, but he's alive!" Rosie exclaimed back, and she jumped for joy.

   "Yeah, but kids, are you alright? Need any help?"

   "There's only one man who can help us," Marty said. The two ran back to the clock tower to the time where Marty and Rosie would return back to their home. They began to run towards the past Doc, who was standing in the middle of the street. He walked between the streaks of fire that had been previously left there, and cheered loudly. They ran in between the streaks.

   "Doc!" "Doc!" They both exclaimed, and he turned to see who was talking to him.

   "What?" He asked, and Marty grabbed his jacket so he couldn't turn around. Doc screamed at the sight in front of him.

   "Relax Doc, it's us, it's me!" Rosie said.

   "It's Rosie and Marty," the boy clarified.

   "No, it can't be. I just sent you back to the future."

   "Yeah. No, we know," Rosie said, but it sounded too confusing, even to her.

   "You did send us back to the future, but we're back," Marty replied. "We're back from the future."

   "Great Scott," Doc said, before passing out.

   "Doc!"

To Be Continued