Chapter 2 [Bright]

All I saw was red. I kept on pounding my fist to his face on and on when I heard a familiar sound behind me. It calmed me down a little, made my fist stayed midair right before I swing it with full force. If I did that, probably this almost lifeless body in front of me would be a corpse in a second.

A hand pulled me and I felt those hands circled my stiff body. I kept away my bloody hands away from his body, didn't want to stain his perfectly tucked in white shirt.

"Stop..." I heard his shaken voice.

I sat at my apartment, starring at this beautiful angel in front of me. His serious face was so close to mine, taking care of my wounds.

I winced a little bit when he dabbed some disinfectant to my wound. None of us had spoken anything since that incident.

Well, not really an incident, but...

"Why did you do that?" I heard his small voice. He was afraid, i guessed from the extremely soft voice when he asked the question.

"I just couldn't help myself, I'm sorry." No, I'm not sorry.

"Man and Boss took him to the hospital right away. Bright," he sighed and look straight to my eyes. "If I wasn't there, you could've killed someone."

I felt my breath hitched. "Do you..., did you just...," I couldn't complete my sentence because I was hurt.

Before I could find the right words, Tine spoke, "No." his voice quite stern, successfully made me almost jumped out of shock. "If you think I was taking his side, I strongly disagree. Bright, I care for you. I couldn't care less if he's dead, I don't even know him!" Tine threw his hands to the air. "But if you are the one who killed him, it's a whole different case! Do you know what could happen if you killed someone?"

I stayed silent.

"Bright do you know the consequences?!" Now he's yelling at me, and I couldn't do anything other than starring at my feet. "Do you really want to end up behind the bars? Or the worst, sentenced to death?!"

I shook my head slowly.

"Bright I couldn't imagine my life without you. Don't die because of stupid things, please." Now he sounded painfully soft, like someone who was about to cry. I snapped up my head to see his sad eyes.

I couldn't handle seeing those sad eyes. I hugged him. "Tine," I felt my shoulder wet, he was crying. "As I said, I couldn't help myself. It was, kind of like..., uh," I was searching for the right word. "I didn't feel myself. It wasn't like me. You're the only one who could pull me back to my senses."

He broke the hug and look at my face, i guessed he tried to search for the truth. And yes, that was the truth. I did felt like someone was controlling me.

"Tine, stay by my side. So you can stop me from jumping into stupid dangerous things. Promise me." I let out my pinkie finger which not for so long linked by Tine's.

***

It was Saturday night when I walked into a fancy restaurant. I invited a friend here, well actually, a friend that I love and hopefully would agree to be my boyfriend.

Yeah, I was going to ask Gulf today.

I walked in and saw him grinning ear to ear and waved his hand to let me know where he was. I took some big steps to him and sat in front of him. "Am I late?"

"Nah, I was also just arrived." Gulf said while reading the menu.

I started some light conversation before and while we were eating. It was nice to have Gulf as a company. We have the same hobbies, so our conversation was not even near a dead end. His cute smile also added some points to make me fall for him easily. He's a sweet guy, and I like him, so much.

We finished our food when I saw his phone rang. He gave me a look before answering his phone uninterestedly. He cut the call and directly faced me. "You know what? This senior of mine just keep bugging me. I know that our parents are best friends to each other but it doesn't mean that we have to be the same thing?!"

I chuckled. "Who is he?"

"His name is Mew. A few years older than us. I knew him since I can remember and all my memories about him is just about him teasing my appearance. He thinks I'm ugly, have overly thick lips, too big eyes and nose, bla bla bla." Gulf rolled his eyes.

"If he said so, then he must be blind." I smiled comically.

"Huh?" Gulf tilted his head.

Ugh, this guy is just too cute. "He said that you have overly thick lips when all I'm seeing is a pair of sexy lips, so attractive that makes me want to savor it anywhere and anytime."

It seems like my words caught him off guard and made blush crept his cheeks. "You don't have to say that, it's not like I care about his words anyway."

"No, I meant that. And It was just one point from all of the things that you said. I can assure you that he's really blind."

He smiled. "Thank you."

"Gulf." He heard his name, made him snapped up his head too quickly. "Gulf I like you."

"Huh?" That confused face again, I love that.

"Do you think you can accept me as your lover?" I asked straight forwardly.

"Don't tease me, Bright. Or I would explode."

I laughed at his remark. "I'm not joking." I said shaking my head. "not even a bit." I took his hands and stroke it gently. "So, do I get a yes?" I looked into his eyes that sparkled slowly.

"Yes!"

*TBC*

20.05.20