Chapter 4 [Bright]

May 2019

I knocked on the glass door to get my lover's attention that sat on the comfy couch in his house. He snapped up his face and a wide smile spread up. He jumped excitedly from the couch and opened the door for me. "Hi babe." I said with a smile while he hugged me tightly.

Things had been great since we talked that day, at the night market. I rarely saw Mew since then, wasn't really sure that Mew was not hanging out with Gulf anymore or he's hiding from me. But I shrugged off the thoughts and let myself believe the first option.

But I was wrong. I felt my blood drained when I saw that tall and muscular figure with wet hair stepped out of the bathroom.

Gulf followed my sight and his eyes widened. "No, Bright you have to listen to me first."

Even if that's what my rational mind wanted, I couldn't help but let my body worked on its own.

But this time there was no Tine to hold me back.

I held Gulf's neck tightly and slammed him to the wall. I felt no guilt.

My fist almost landed on his pretty face when I felt a tight grip on my arm. And of course, it was the one and only, Mew Suppasit.

I turned back and tried to hit this guy when I heard his voice, "Stop or I'll tell Tine." I hesitated.

And that moment was used by Mew effectively, he dragged me out of that house and locked the door. Made me bang the glass door but nothing happened. I saw Mew held Gulf tightly and helped him walk to one of the room. I sighed. I hurt Gulf.

***

Since then I hired a stalker to watch over Gulf. We hadn't met or talked much, but we were still in a relationship.

But even I was surprised, why would he still wanted to be in a relationship with me after everything that I did to him?

I was afraid that I might hurt him again if I met him. That was the main reason why I didn't want to meet him as usual. But still, I had to know what he'd been up to, that's why I hired a stalker.

Well, that was part of my reason...

I also wanted to know his relationship with Mew.

And tonight, everything was clear.

Gulf sent me a text, explained everything after I came to his house that day. He said that their parents forced them to live together, didn't really know the real reason but they insisted.

And I believed him.

But I was so stupid.

I watched the video that the stalker sent to me. I saw their mouths tangled up each other. I couldn't keep my anger any longer. I dialed Gulf's number.

"Hey babe." I heard Gulf from the other line.

"Hi! Are you busy tomorrow?"

I felt him hesitate, "No?" it was more like a question than an answer. "is there something wrong?"

I smiled, no, I forced a genuine smile so he could hear my sincerity, "I wanted to invite you to my apartment tomorrow. Let's have a dinner date."

"Just the two of us?"

"Yes, of course. No Tine, No Mew." I heard his breath hitched when he heard the name.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." He smiled.

I didn't reply and ended the call.

I looked at Gulf's pictures, covered this entire one wall of my room. Tomorrow is going to be fun.

***

I heard the bell rang and hurriedly walked to the door. I saw Gulf and hugged him tight. "I missed you." I held his cheek which he responded by leaning to the touch with his cute smile.

But I guess that smile would not stay there for long.

I pulled his hand to the dimed room full of candles, with a beautifully set table full of fancy foods. I pulled the chair for him to sit and sat in front of him.

We kind of had a perfect date that time, before he fell asleep.

And yes, I've put something in his food to make him drowsy.

I pulled him to my room and tied him to the bed. Made sure that he'll woke up with no movements he could make.

So I waited, until he opened his eyes for the last time.

***

I smelled the tangy blood that covered this room when I was pulled by Mew. The red that I saw slowly fading, just like Tine's breath.

I ran to him, reached his face, "No, Tine. Look at me, don't you dare close your eyes." I said with tears staining my cheeks. I eyed the knife that still planted deep in Tine's belly. I placed my hand there and tried to stop the blood. But there was  no use. I kept wailing and sobbing.

Gulf's cries was heard all over the room and I felt Mew's hand on my shoulder. "Let's bring him to the hospital."

I hissed to him but let him lifted my fragile Tine.

I curled and pulled my hair. What have I done?

I couldn't lost my Tine. How could I live without him.

I kept on following their steps through the hospitals corridor. I knew everyone's looking at us with strange look because of our bloody clothes, but I didn't care.

After Tine entered the operation room I felt my feet wobbled and fell to the ground. I broke down.

The blade was for Gulf, not Tine.

Tine saved Gulf.

Tine saved me.

But he loose himself.

***

October 2019

It's been four months since that accident. Four months for me to feel the torture.

Since then, I went to the US to take some therapy session. Just like what Tine had suggested a long time ago, which I ignored just like that.

I laid on my bed, more like throwing myself on it.

I was really sure that it was Tine who I bumped in to. Or am I hallucinating?

I went through these four months without socializing with people and the first time I went out like a normal person I saw Tine? What the hell.

I rose up and went to my window, starred the moving clouds.

Tine, are you happy up there? I missed you. Sometimes I could still hear your voice, could feel the soft touch that you always gave me when anger took over me.

I scrolled through my contact list on my phone, eyed the name 'Tine" with a heart and angel symbol there.

I could still remember clearly your smile that showed your bunny teeth. How I wish I could see your face again, hear your giggles again. How badly I want to press dial to this number that I've been eyeing these past four months.

Tine..., I'm sorry.

After that, I remember nothing but my sobs that drifted me away to sleep.

*TBC*

Written: 23.05.20

Published: 24.05.20