Chapter 9 [Win]

I sat on my couch, blankly starring at my muted television.

I checked my phone for the thousandth times these past hours, waiting for him to reply my text.

Why hasn't he replied yet?

Since that day we had never met each other. I was the only one who called and text him first. Sometimes he didn't pick up my calls. And when he picked up, he only answered the necessary things and didn't threw further questions to make the call last longer. So we ended the call after five minutes and it was the longest. Every time I asked him to hang out he told me that he was busy and couldn't do it even just for a few hours.

I started to think that he doesn't want to be my –at least- friend. But the thing that he said in my car..., what was that supposed to mean? Was it wrong to get my hopes high after the thing that he said to me?

Or something went wrong?

Did he realized that he doesn't want to be with me and regretted it all? Or was it something that I said or did? Did I do something that offended him?

I kept on thinking but still ended up at a dead end.

Or he was annoyed because of me didn't stop calling him? Should I stop?

By that thought I threw my phone away from me and went straight to bed. If that phone comes near me I couldn't help but call him, but I decided to give him some space.

I starred at my ceiling, couldn't get rid of his face from my mind. We just met several times but why I couldn't forget him?

Is it just a mere obsession that will pass after a few weeks or months?

I let out a low grunt and shifted to my side and closed my eyes, forcing myself to sleep.

After a few minutes I jumped on to a seated position and ruffled my own hair.

I couldn't sleep!

I looked at the clock that hung above my door. It was frickin' two am in the morning.

But I screwed everything up and picked my phone and car keys, went out and sped through the night. In a minute I arrived in front of his apartment building.

I looked up from my car, thinking which of the window was his room. I didn't know his room at all.

And then I started to think rationally. Why am I here? If I know his room, what would I do?

But that rational thoughts only clouded with something else like, I wanted to see his face. Is he asleep already? Should I at least try to come in?

And that exactly what I did.

I stepped out of my car and locked it, then went straight to the building's lobby. "Excuse me, can I ask you for a room number?"

The girl didn't expect any customer in past mid-night hours like this, so she was a little bit jolted up from her sit and stuttered before saying, "Ah, yes. Which room do you want to visit?"

"I don't know the room number." I mumbled out but she could hear it and a little bit felt uneasy.

"I'm sorry sir, there is a rule about not telling owner's room without their permission."

I sighed. I know that too well, but still, I tried. "Okay, just tell me, is Vachirawit Chivaaree is in his room? He didn't picked up my calls and I was worried." I tried my best to look pitiful.

I could see her eyes widened a little bit. "Sorry sir could you please state your name?" she said while clicking something in a computer.

"Metawin Opas-iamkajorn."

I swear I could hear her muttered an 'oh my God.' Before telling me to come with her and brought me straight to a room.

And why is that? "Excuse me. Why...," I couldn't complete my sentence but I guessed she knew what I was going to ask.

"Mr. Chivaaree told us personally to let in a person named Metawin or Win, sir." We arrived in front of a door after walking out a few steps from the elevator. She handed me a key card, "Here, sir. Do you need anything else sir?"

I simply shook my head and watched her walk back to where we came. I stared at the key card and the thick door in front of me.

Should I come in?

I was thinking too long before decided to press the key and entered the room. Fuck it, I came here not for nothing.

I was greeted with a complete darkness. Is he home?

I walked further in to the house and let the door closed by itself. I looked around and saw light from a slightly opened door. Then I heard a loud thump and..., sobs?

I was afraid something might happen and everything was too late. So I ran, straight in to the sound.

*TBC*

29.05.20