Chapter 3 [Bright]

February 2019

"Hey babe, about our date tomorrow...," I hesitated, I was about to tell him that I would bring Tine along tomorrow. But I know that it will hurt him. Before I could continue my words I heard his voice from the phone call.

"Why Bright? Do you want to cancel our date? Do you have something to do tomorrow?"

I sighed, "No, it's just-"

"No Bright it's okay. If there's something important, I understand." I heard him smile.

That was why I love him. He always tried to understand me more. Forgiving my mistakes and respect any of my decisions. I smiled by the thought of it. "No Gulf. I'm not canceling our date. I miss you. But can I bring Tine along? I promise he will not be a bother. He's a little bit down lately, and I think he needs to go out."

I didn't hear any reply. "Babe, are you there?"

"Oh! Oh, yes I'm here. I'm sorry, I'm cooking right now so I didn't concentrate. And yes! Of course you can bring him. He's a sweet guy, I like him."

I frowned. "So now you like him huh?"

I heard him chuckled, "But I love you."

By that reply my heart felt warm and comfort enveloped me. "Okay then, see you tomorrow baby. I love you."

He giggled before replied, "love you too." Then I hung up.

I was so lucky to have him for myself.

But I guess I'm dead wrong.

I saw Gulf walked to me in the middle of the crowd. Tine stood beside me. But someone wasn't invited yet he's here.

Mew.

What did he do here? I hated him, seeing how close he was with Gulf. I couldn't help but felt jealousy all over me. But I couldn't do anything. I hadn't caught Gulf cheating on me. They were just friends.

Yes Bright, they're just friends. Don't think too much. I calmed myself down.

Gulf hugged me. I tightened our hug and said, "I've missed you baby." I ruffled his hair.

"Well now I'm here." He grinned. "Oh! And I bring Mew. He said he needs to buy some things here so I invited him, because you said you bring Tine too." His smile never leaved his face. "Hi Tine!" he said waving to Tine excitedly, which replied by a shy 'hi' from Tine.

Tine was not that much of a social person, that's why he's always felt awkward with new people. I giggled seeing his cute shy face, which made me received a glare from him.

The four of us started to roam around the night market. It felt good to be around the people that you love. Everything went well until now. At least that's what I thought.

I was so focused on Tine, we bought some food and our bottomless pit stomach couldn't be satisfied easily. But when I looked back, I didn't find Gulf. "Tine, do you see Gulf?"

"He said he went to that fashion store. You were not listening aren't you?' Tine shook his head.

"Should we go there?"

Tine shrugged, indicated that it was up to me. So I pulled his hands to the fashion store that Tine mentioned a while ago.

I didn't know, that it was my worst decision.

I saw Mew hugged Gulf. I balled my fist.

But then I relaxed when I felt Tine's hand covered my clenched fist. I saw his eyes, signaling a 'no'. I nodded and walked to them. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked with a cold voice. Made them kept some distance.

"He slipped, I caught him." Mew shrugged. Oh, this man is so annoying.

"Yeah, clumsy me." Gulf let out a sheepish smile.

"Are you okay now?" I asked him. He simply nodded and walked out, with a reddened face.

What's wrong with him?

***

There was just the two of us at the moment. Tine excused himself to the rest room and Mew was nowhere to be seen. We sat on a bench, eating our warm food. "Gulf, I think I'm jealous."

He looked at me. "Huh? Of who?"

"Mew."

"Him?!" He giggled, "You're being unreasonable, Bright."

"But-"

"It's me who supposed to say that." He cut me.

Now I was the one who left dumbfounded. "And why is that?"

"Don't you think I know about Tine?"

"Tine? He's my best friend."

"I agreed to bring Mew here just because you brought Tine, Bright." He sighed. "I know, when you told me that you will bring Tine, it's not him that's going to be the third wheel. So I bring Mew, to at least accompany me when you're not around." He looked down.

"I'm so sorry Gulf, I don't know that you feel this way." I tried to remember all of our dates which involved Tine. He's true. Every time Tine was around, I couldn't help myself but to split my attention to him too. But that doesn't mean that I don't love Gulf. "Babe," I grabbed his hand. "You know that I love you, right?"

He nodded and tightened the grip around my hand. I sighed in relief, but something was still bothering me. And I didn't really know what is it.

*TBC*

21.05.20