Chapter 7 [Win]

I stayed, watched him walk away without looking back. But somehow he walked really slow, made me think twice to call him again or not.

I enjoyed my time with him. Even when we walked in silence. I couldn't lie, I like it, so much. He made me feel relax, somehow.

I still watched his long legs took small steps before so suddenly took a big step then another. And that's when I panicked. "Wait Bright!" I said a little bit too loud. And I regretted it.

Shit what should I say?!

I saw him turned his head to see me clearly. "What?"

My hand was still on the air, and I quickly pulled it to my sides. "Can I ask for your number?" Win are you a psycho? Who ask for a phone number in a situation like this?! I mentally cursed myself.

But then I saw him smile, made me sighed for relief, "Of course!" he walked closer then we exchanged our phone number. I was glad that he didn't think weird about me.

"Thank you, Let's hang out sometimes!" I gave him my bunny smile.

"Call me." Then he turned back and went straight to the building.

I didn't realized when did my face become hot.

He told me to call him for hanging out..., right?

I called his name to make him stay a little longer with me but I didn't have the courage to tell him so I asked for his phone number. And I was glad that I did it instead of the other one.

Slowly, Win. Slowly

Then I started to walk back, realized what to do. I left my car at the park.

Shit.

I grabbed my hair and welcomed by another misfortune. I was still drenched because of the previous rain.

Double Shit.

***

I wiped my hair with a small towel while walking out of the bathroom. I let the towel stay on my head to grab my phone and scroll through. I sat on the edge of my bed.

I smiled remembering everything that has just happened when I saw the new number on my contact list.

At least he made me forget my problems for a while.

I started to think that I like him but I quickly shove the thoughts away. There was no way I could develop feelings toward someone I just met. I mean, we literally just know each other's name a few hours ago.

I shook my head along with a soundless chuckle if that even made sense, then throw my phone to the center of the bed and walked downstairs. My parents were there already, sat before the food. "Win, what took you so long?" My mom smiled at me.

I threw a small smile and I think I saw a little bit of surprise on her face just for a split second. "I took a shower because I was soaked by the rain." I shrugged and pulled the chair before sat properly.

"Didn't you bring your car?" that was my father.

"I left it." I took everything I can to suppress my smile. I could see the confusion on my parents' face, but they didn't ask further and we started to dig in.

I ate as fast as I can before the conversation I avoid the most started, or I'll lose my appetite. I nearly finished my food when my father spoke, "So you've had your decision?"

I had not think about it lately. No, I hadn't think about it at all.

At the end, there's nothing I could do but obey what my father told me. It's not that he's a bad person and force me to do it, but I just couldn't let myself reject the offering.