Chapter 15 [Win]

We stayed at my office that day, after the chaotic mess that happened before. Bright refused to go back to his work and decided to stay with me. He wanted to protect me, he said, but I doubt that. I bet he just wanted to be with me after the kissing scene happened.

It's already dark when I finished my work and I saw bright sleeping soundly on the couch. I sighed then took my belongings so we can go home.

I walked to him soundlessly then went down a little bit so my head was at the same level as his. "Bright," I whispered, but he didn't budge. "Bright, let's go home. You can sleep more at home." I started to shake his shoulder.

He opened his eyes, and it went right to mine.

I froze. I didn't realize we were this close because he were sleeping. But now that he regained his consciousness, I couldn't do anything.

I guessed he saw my panicked face so he smiled. What he gave was not a genuine smile that make people's heart flutter but not to an extend that we could call it a smirk either. But still, it didn't failed to make my heart skipped a beat.

I got back to my senses and straighten myself but of course, a tease he was, he didn't let me.

He held my waist so the sudden move made me lost my balance and fell on top of him. Thank God I'm not a girl or else he would get a full jackpot.

I hit him on the arm, "Bright!"

He giggled then snuggled closer to me, tightening the hug and I succumbed, didn't try harder to let go. I rested my whole body on top of him, let my head fell on his shoulder. I took some steady breath, enjoying his scent.

For a moment it felt like we were one, we breathe the same air. It felt so heart-warming, and I would do anything to stay with him like this for the rest of my life.

"I love you." I felt his chest vibrate for saying that.

I stayed silent, because I have a feeling that he had more to say.

And I was right, he continued, "But still, I love him too. It's a lie if I said that I don't love him anymore. He will always has a place in my heart. But I do, love you."

"I know," I said while I exhaled. I knew this day would come, I had prepared for this. But still, it hurts. "It's okay," I stroke his arm because it's the only part that I could reach easily. "I'm honored to be there in your heart when someone that you truly love is still there. It means that I'm special, than others, that I can have a place in your heart. I completely understand."

I didn't stop my hand on his arm, now drawing circles there. The pain was still there but slowly fading. I took a deep breath, It's okay Win, just take it slow, it's you who wanted this. You want him to use you, and you're lucky enough to enter his closed heart. I tried to convince myself over and over not to be greedy.

Yes, slowly.

"Now I'm hungry." I pouted.

We both shook because of his laugh. "Okay, okay. Let's eat then go home." He patted my back to tell me that I can move now.

I grinned hearing that we will eat. I jumped out of his embrace then threw my hand out to let him take mine. I helped him get up then tried to untangle our hands but Bright had another thoughts. He kept my hand on his, so we walked out, hand in hand.

***

It was one month before the end of the year. Both of our companies are busy with works so all of us could have a peaceful holiday later. Including me, and also Bright. We didn't have much time seeing each other outside our house. If we didn't leave together we probably wouldn't see each other at all.