Ch.21: Jason's Sacrifice

King Squid walked down a long hallway, one of his newly turned recruits at his side with a man in her arms.

It smirked back at the man as he struggled to get away from his captors.

"Let me go! Let them all go, they don't deserve this!" He growled.

"You deserve everything we're about to give you and since your lovely recruits serve, well served you, they deserve it too." The king replied simply.

"They're innocent, please just let them go!" He pleaded.

The Squid King chuckled darkly and shook its head.

"Take him to the torture room, I'll meet you there in a second, Hope."

The girl nodded once. "Yes my king."

"And make sure those power resistant cuffs stay on."

"As you wish, sire." Hope replied nonchalantly, walking off.

The king smirked to itself and walked into the main entrance room where a man was waiting for it.

"You wanted to see me?" It asked him.

The man turned and nodded slowly. "Y-Yes, I wanted to discuss some terms with you."

The king tilted it's head and walked farther into the room, eyeing the space themed man up and down.

"Terms?"

"I-I had a feeling you'd be coming after my army next, s-so I wanted to make a c-compromise." He pushed out, adverting his gaze to the tiled floor.

"A compromise? What do you propose?" The king asked cooly, false interest lacing it's voice.

"W-Well, assuming you're after my a-army, I-I was hoping you'd take m-me in exchange for their freedom." The man sighed, as if a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"So, you're offering me your freedom for your recruits?" The king asked slowly.

The man nodded. "Y-Yes sir."

"And who might you be?"

"Jason, General of the Stars, sir." the man muttered, adjusting his helmet slightly.

"Hmm. How about this, you surrender to my army and both you and your recruits stay here? I prefer that idea over yours."

Jason took a step back from the king, eyes wide under the orange glass.

Two squids materialized from the shadows and wrapped their tenticals around the spaceman's arms.

"Take him to the others, then gather the army. We take them down tonight."

"No! Leave my recruits alone!" Jason cried, struggling to break free of the two squids who dragged him away.

The king smirked and watched his loyal servants drag the man away, waving mockingly.

"You won't get away with this mutiny, squid! We will prevail in the end!" The General roared as he disappeared around the corner.

The king sighed and shook his head.

They're so determined at first, it's almost sad.

Almost.

The king of squids shook his head again and straightened.

He had a battle to win.