Chapter 6

THE ABOVE IMAGE IS WHAT KEVIN WOULD LOOK LIKE, JUST ADD THE MASK AND THE OPERA SONG.

As the royal carriage drove through the streets of the night, I felt my right eye twitch.

Why?!

because I'm stuck in a stupid event with what could be my executioner.

I fumbled with the hand in my hand as we finally reached our destination. The royal theatre, a beautiful opera house where many would give their lives to come here to both perform and watch. 

As I got down from the carriage, I noticed a black figure from the corner of my eyes.

Huh?

What was that? I was sure that wasn't a major plotline at this moment, I mean all the plot starts happening once Ella arrives but she hasn't arrived yet.

Brushing it off, I place my best Princess front and walk into the opera house.

Just as I expected, all the guests there greeted us respectfully as we walked to the box where the briar kingdom royals were already awaiting us.  I take my place next to my executioner.

He was wearing a green coat over a yellow waistcoat, to say the truth he looked great even better than some of the popular guys from back home. I fake smiled at him before covering my mouth with the fan.

The opera was really in my opinion like any other, I could follow up what it was about but slowly my attention was directed at the crowd below us. I could tell from their expressions that 1) they were excited, 2)  bored , 3) more interested in gossip, 4) plotting.

sighing, I excuse myself to go to the restroom.

After spending at least 10 minutes in there just sitting, I leave to return to the others. That was until a hand grabbed me from behind and before i knew it, I blanked out.

( Alexander)

The rest of the trip was really uneventful, I had spent most of my time holed up in my room or taking tours around the castle so really it was boring.

Today was the only day where I would get the chance to go outside not that this was my first time.  Having come here often to get supplies I couldn't get back home. 

The princess had looked really pretty, unlike the other woman she looked modest. Wearing only a aquamarine evening gown with a simple pink shawl. No diamonds, no Gems, no elaborate attire, no feathers-none of those overly dresses stuff.

Again what got me curious was how she looked at me.

Disgust-maybe

scared-not sure

But that smile she showed it wasn't genuine as if she was hiding her real self locked away. Not that I can blame her I mean I  hide myself as well but still, something was off.

No longer interested in the opera, I beckoned Alfred forward and whisper into his ear, telling him that I was going to go somewhere for some fresh air. He lets me, not surprising though since he never ignores my orders.

Walking through the empty halls, I could faintly hear several voices from the other hand of the corridor. Sneakily, I walk towards the direction of the voices.

" what are you doing hurry up!"

"We have her"

" Quickly take her away before someone notices."

Kidnap?

" Wonder how much a princess costs?"

wait, Princess!