Chapter 16

disclaimer. Please note that this story, despite being tagged bl, it is more of friendship. Also note that what I have in mind for the story is going to be very long. So dear readers, please be expected to probably find this story over 50 parts or so....maybe. The top is a picture of reius.

The day had began with a grand tour around the royal palace. Finally taking a break, I slumped against the fluffy pillows of the guest room. Fingering with the fabric of my baju kurung. Leaning closer to the open window, I looked over the town below. The only thing separating the palace and the town, was the tall walled fortress. However even so, I could vividly see many town buildings and a mosque from the horizon.

"Maybe I should see, Ella.."

Climbing down, I searched for her. Eventually, I found her in a middle of a courtyard, surrounded by exotic flowers and leaning on the floor, looking into a pond.

"Ella!"

Surprised, she turned her head abruptly.

"Your highness!"

getting up, she straightened her skirt. She was wearing a light blue baju kurung as opposed to my dark one.  Hurriedly, she walked forward. Attendants and some concubines as well as princesses started to gather from the shadows, not daring to approach, but were wondering what I was going to do.

Ever since, my little incident with a certain princess, rumours have spread I'm malicious and since the king didn't escort me on my debutante, that puts me out of favour. But what do they say, oh yes...like I care!

"No need to rush, I was just wondering if you'd like to have tea with me." I asked politely. Trying my best to maintain my ladylike poise. Her eyes brightened and she clapped her hands together before bowing, " Of course I would love to!"

After which, we both happily went over to my apartment. Seating on the rugged floor, eating some tasty treats.

"This is really delicious, I wonder what it is?!" exclaimed Ella as she took a bite into a piece of baklava.  I smiled at times like this, you can't help but forget all your worries.

"Isn't it. Its made of nuts and drizzled with sweet honey, it's easy to eat since it's served in gateaux sizes . Should I sent you some to your apartment?" 

She smiled happily before nodding excitedly. Taking a bite of zainab fingers, I let out a soft smile, this really was delicious. It was another hour before a attendant arrived with the notion that Ella follow him to visit the pharaoh along with the king. 

Seeing her off, I couldn't help but feel kind of jealous. To be loved by everyone, reminded me too much of my own life. With my family, my classmates and...

CLANG!

Huh! I turned to find myself face to face with a little chibi monkey. 

How did a monkey even get in here?

It stared at me for a second before throwing a pastry at me. It nearly hit me square in the face had I not dodged it just in time.

"WHY YOU!"

All  patience losted I chased after it and of  course like any monkey would have done, decided to escape through the window. For a second, when all sanity was loss, I decided to do the stupidest thing ever.

I jumped out of the window.

Ya, I know. I would have died and just when this thought had come into my brain, it was too late. I was already midway down to hitting the ground. Noting that hope was lost, I closed my eyes as I prepared myself for impact.

"Really, do you think I would engineer a new body for you."

Opening my eyes carefully, I found myself in the arms of a elegant dressed man, with pale porcelain like skin, illuminating green eyes and long blonde hair. He wore a small black hat with roses attached and an even equally black attire with gloves to match. 

Was this guy going to a funeral?

Before I could even register however, I was being lugged off to god knows where.

"WAIT A SECOND! LET ME GO! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!"

Despite how delicate he looked, he was strong. Finally, we had reached backed to my apartment, how the hell he managed to evade security was out of a question

Wait a second, where the hell is Kevin. His supposed to be here right?

That was when I remembered, all of my attendants aka kevin,  Claude and Maximilian were out running an errand. Not coming back for a while.

The man then dropped me onto the bed.

"What the-Never mind," Straightening up, I looked the man right in the eye " Who the hell are you!" 

He looks at me for a second before laughing. A gloved finger raised to wiped away tears, before smiling down at me, " My my, don't you remember me. After all, had it not for me then you wouldn't be here."

Wait a second, it can't be....

"GOD!"

Taking a seat, he nods his head.

" Yes though you may call me Lidel,  and what a spectacle you have made after all what kind of person loses his cool with a monkey."

Why this little.....

"However, I have more important matters to discuss with you. Which is about this world."

"What?!" I asked ,surprised.

Taking off his hat and fingering with the roses, he said, " Yes, it seems that this world is, now what do you humans say...ah yes, going off the script."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I expected that with your presence the story would indeed go off but not to this extent. The attack of the debutante ball. It wasn't part of the story. All was expected was that you would escape death and live a peaceful life but now we need to take precautionary measures."

" So your saying that something deeper is happening."

"Yes and I'm afraid that this will effect a lot of people, the characters and even us."

us?

"Just be aware to be careful. I'll be staying by your side from now on, and to contact the other gods. Starting with this one."

"wait other gods!""

He heaved a sigh before turning to me," You really are an idiot you know."

"You didn't even tell me anything about gods!" I retorted

"Gods. There are 4 here. Each one in each empire. Take me for example, I'm the god of snowdania. I think this is enough chat for now, that guard of yours will be returning soon. Take care"

And with that, he vanished into thin air. The only trace of his existence was a bouquet of red roses.

I picked it up.

what will happen?

God/Lidel