chapter 28

"Your excellency, it is time."

Looking into the mirror, Hye gong stared back at his image, dressed in white robes. There was a noticeable lack of any of the usual jewellery he wore, instead opting to have a simple silver hair clip securing his braid. 

"Yes yes, I'm coming..."

(Flashback, two days ago)

"YOUR EXCELLENCY! YOUR EXCELLENCY!"

"What is it Tadao?" asked Hye gong as he set his bowl down on the dining table. A-er and the children sat close by, wondering curiously  what had happened.

"The King...*pant*he...*pant*..has fallen!"

Shock spread over everyone's face at this news,

"What?!"

Tadao leaned onto a pillar before nodding his head, confirming the news, " He had succumbed to his ailment and a funeral has been scheduled in two days with the main and branch houses."

(end flashback)

'She must be the one who did this." thought Hye gong silently as his family, Tadao and himself walked down the passageway leading to the king's chamber.

The children were all wearing the same white furisode, A-er in a white hanfu and Tadao in his usual attire with a colour swap.

Not long, they finally reached the main door. Guards the size of giants, opened the door where a few of their relatives were already there.

"Brother hye gong! " standing up from her seat, a girl with long black hair and blue eyes rushed towards them. She wore a white kimono and matching haori with a simple bow tied to the front. A petite girl with long blue hair and solemn blue eyes followed right behind.

Bowing their heads, they exchanged greetings. The family then took their seats.

Ming yao was already seated beside Azuma, they exchanged greetings. Ming Yao then leaned forward, fan between them, whispering, " is it true? That...."

Hye gong didn't say a word, but closed his eyes in confirmation.

" What are you two whispering about?"asked the princess as she eyed then curiously.

Ming Yao simply fanned himself, smiling. Sweatdropping, azuma took this opportunity to explain before the princess exploded, " Princess Soo won, my master was simply wondering if the king was....I mean, had passed on."

The princess face went red as she looked down to her knees, blushing, " Oh really...I see...."

'Azuma, you're such a dense man..' thought Ming Yao as he stared at the scene amusingly.

"Oh my how romantic!" A voice rang through the halls. Immediately, Soo wong's face soured.

" you....."

The doors opened to reveal  a pair were walking forward.

The first group being a man with horns and another with a pair of cat ears. They were both dressed in white robes although the man with the cat ears had a bell tied to his tail.