Chapter 19

Waking up and looking at my reflection in the bronze mirror that lay by the table top, I realized something.

Maybe I should cut my hair

After all, the story is going off so I can stop dressing like a princess. 

"Kevin, can you get  pair of scissors." 

However, realizing that he was in the servants quarters, I bit my tongue. Lazily, I dragged myself to the dresser, opening the expensive bejeweled box that was given to me by some merchant. It was pretty tacky but it was useful to hold items. Sitting in the box, underneath all the diamonds and such was a expensive looking pair of scissors.

Gripping them, I carefully looked into the mirror, ready to cut my hair and just when I was about to do it, when....

"YOUR HIGHNESS, THERE'S AN EMERGENCY!......"

SNIP

.......

"AAAAHHHHHHH!"

(Calming down)

"I'm so sorry! "

Massaging my temple, I sighed. 

" It's alright, Maximilian. Besides, I was going to cut it anyway."

He whimpered a little before Claude placed a hand over his shoulder, shaking his head. The loud announcement he made had startled me and unfortunately a big chunk of hair had been snipped off.

It didn't look too bad. Though, they were a little choppy but other than that they were perfectly fine.

"So what was it that you needed to talk to me about?" I asked as I took a gulp of water.

"Well you see...." Maximilian exchanged looks with Claude , " You're going to get married to prince reius"

Choking on my water, I spit take.

(Time skip)

"BROTHER!"

Rushed to his quarters, I slammed open the door. Julius was standing by a paper filled table, anxiously looking over them. Turning to me, he looked shocked at my new hairstyle before returning to a neutral expression.

"What's the meaning of this ?!"

Julius looks at me hesitantly before explaining, " Maximilian and Claude must have told you huh. Well, it's exactly what it means, you're getting married to prince Reius."

My mouth hung opened as I heard these words. 

How can I be married to Reius, I'm like only fifteen and a guy!

"Big brother. Please tell me there's a way to get me out of this."

"I'm are trying. Other than Ella, all the rest of the royals have left. Kevin's now out there trying to negotiate."

That no good, lousy excuse of a king! What kind of guy just leaves three of his kids behind, not only that but a foreign representative?!

(Time skip: 1 week later)

"And that's what happened."

Alexander and Alfred looked at me incredulously before Alex having finally lost his cool, slammed his hands on the table, his face contorted in fury.

"SO THAT FUCKING NO GOOD, DEADBEAT OF A KING LEFT YOU ALL BEHIND, IN FAVOUR OF A MARRIAGE ALLIANCE!"

I was shell shocked, never once have I seen Alexander loose his cool like this.