Chapter 37

Putting pressure on the wound, Lukas looked up at the ceiling. Water was dripping from the leaking pipes.

No one had visited him in...now that he thought about it, he had yet to figure out what time it was. Burying himself in his own arms, Lukas sighed, " There's no way he'll be able to save me right? Not Lidel, Not Reius....not Kevin." At this, he couldn't help but choke at the last few words.

Suddenly, the cell doors opened to reveal a certain roped pink haired magician. His blue eyes filled with worry. Oliver turned to faced the guards handing them a small satchel before the doors finally closed.

"Oliver?" mumbled Lukas as he stared at said person. " No..no.. that's impossible. I must be dreaming ...ya...definitely, otherwise-"

"You're not dreaming Jeremy. It's really me, Oliver." said Oliver softly. Suddenly, he was hugged from the front, the force pushing him down to the ground. 

"Oh my god. Thank god, you're real..." wept Lukas as he dug his fingers deeper into Oliver's clothes, tears soaking the latter's shoulder. Stroking Lukas's head, Oliver comforted the poor boy, softly saying words of solace to him.

Slowly pulling them up. " We have to hurry. In ten minutes, I'll have to leave." said Oliver. Lukas still in shock, didn't understand a word he said but before he could even register them Oliver moved towards a wall. Placing the palm of his hand on the wall, a great big wave of blue flashed before dying down. 

The walls slowly moved revealing a secret passageway. Extending an arm to Lukas, Oliver smiled gently, " Shall we..."

(Reius, Ross, Theo and Alfred.)

The group had begun to venture into the passageway which they found was linked to the sewers, much to their disgust.

Pulling a feet up, Theo stared down at his pants and shoes now soaked with waste water. At least  now he knew what it was like to be a sewage diver.

"Found anything?!" called out Alfred at the head of the group, bright light flashing towards them.

"Unless, you're talking about poop and people's undies then nope." said Ross as he trudged through from the front, hands trying to make sure his bow was out of the water's distance.

Reius simply shrugged, he had gotten used to such water after years of the 'sacred' st. Aduman's river. Seriously, they really needed to clean it up. 

As the group  moved deeper and deeper into the sewers, the more frustrated they became.

" How long have we been here?" groaned Ross as he stared at their surroundings. Nothing changed and not one of them answering his question after all they didn't had a watch with them.

Suddenly they heard a soft crunching noise. Silence dawned on them and they stopped in their tracks. Putting a finger upon his lips, Alfred signalled everyone to be quiet. Softening the glow of the light, everyone readied their weapons. 

Slowly, they waded through the waters. Careful not to make any loud noise. As the light finally dawned onto the source of the noise. A giant bug, like a caterpillar with the face of a human. Grotesque it was, its mouth toothy and crooked, its eyes were bulging. Horns lined his back and forehead.

However it wasn't the appearance that frightened the group , no it was the body of a naked person in the water. Crouched in a fetus position, their back was being gnawed by the creature. Flesh and blood all gone, leaving only bones. It was safe to say that they were dead.

For a couple of seconds there was nothing but the sound of bones being broken and eaten until the creature smelled the scent of humans. Slowly, it turned its eyes towards the group. Ceasing its feast, it slowly moved its body towards the group before dashing towards them, of course like any normal person who was about to be eaten by a giant bug they ran, screaming.

(Lukas and Oliver)

"Hey Oliver did you hear a scream?" asked Lukas as they walked through the stone passageways. 

Oliver stopped in his steps, " I don't think so." With that, he continued on into the darkness.

'Never thought he would be so standoffish.'  thought Lukas as he followed after him.

Having journeyed through the passageways for some time now, Lukas finally retrieved his bearings. Oliver, he found like in the novel was soft-spoken but something was just off. 

Eventually they arrived at crossroads. 

"Which way do you think we should go?" asked Lukas as he darted his eyes. Silently, he hoped there weren't any traps. 

Oliver smiled, pulling something from his robe, he revealed a simple dice. 

"A..dice?" 

What is this dice the webtoon?

" I find it easier to leave things to fate." explained Oliver as he tossed the dice in the air. Immediately a beam of light shot out from the dice, pointing to one of the roads.

"Let's go, Jeremy." 

Hestitating, Lukas took his hand and they ran through the door.

(Meanwhile)

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

*Smack*

"STOP SCREAMING YOU IDIOT!"

"ENOUGH, STOP FIGHTING! WE HAVE A MONSTER ON OUR TRAIL!"

"YA AND ITS RIGHT BEHIND US!"

*Smack*

"CAN YOU SHUT UP FOR A MOMENT?!"

"WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME TO SHUT UP WHEN YOU'RE YELLING TOO?!"

"CAUSE I SAY SO!"

"WELL THEN I SAY, YOU SHUT UP TOO!"

"THAT"S IT!" 

*SMACK X2*

"Both of you should shut up!"

They had been running for 'eternity', their pants, shoes, socks-oh never mind, their everything was soaked to the bone with dirty water. None were paying attention to this though, as they were more serious about saving their butts.

"Do you think we can kill it?" asked Reius as he shot another arrow at the monster, allowing them some time to run.

"I tried. Nothing can kill it, only distract him." huffed Theo as he ran through the water.  He felt something in his body would come loose.

God, they were losing their options fast.

"Let's split up." suggested Ross. His tone dead serious

"What?!"

"No, mr Ross might be right. If we split up, that monster will be forced to choose and hopefully it'll lose our scent." said Alfred

In the end, they agreed to split up into teams of two, Theo with ross and Reius with Alfred. It wasn't long before one of the groups came across Lukas and Oliver.