Parentless party.

Rae ready to party^^

I was wearing tight skinny jeans and a black cami tucked in with knee high boots, after watching some YouTube tutorials on makeup, I had - bar a few failed attempts - achieved a nice black liner flick which made my hazel eyes pop and donned a deep red lipstick over my plump Cupid's bow mouth.

My chocolate brown hair that I'd recently had blonde highlights filtered through, had been curled and left down to shape my face.

I looked older than fifteen and was pleased with the look I'd pulled off. I was ready for my first grown up party.

I skipped downstairs to find Hayden so he could drive me over, and watched in amusement as he was dancing with Rover, holding on to his paws and shuffling left and right.

My uncontainable laughter had both Hayden and Rover freezing and looking towards me.

"Wow, Rae... you look..." Hayden was at a loss for words which was unlike him.

"Old enough to go to an unsupervised party?" I finished for him and he nodded smiling.

"Lovely, is what I was aiming for." He grabs the car keys and drives me to the party, chatting and laughing along the way.

When we get outside I message Georgie that I'm here and in no time she's out the front door and searching for the car.

"Remember to call me if you want picking up earlier than ten o'clock alright?" Hayden looked serious, so I paid attention to him, even though all I wanted to do was jump and of the car and party.

"I will Hayd, don't worry. Thanks for the lift and I'll see you at ten."

"Or earlier..." I hear him shout as I shut the door and skip to my friend.

Georgette had been my best friend since we were in kindergarten; nothing amazing had happened that brought us together, but we'd bonded quickly and were lucky enough to follow each other through the different stages of school life without losing our friendship.

"Woohoo, you look H.O.T hot girl." she laughs eyeing my teasingly.

"Right back at ya!"

She did look amazing; Georgie always looked good, but she'd made more effort tonight just like I had and was wearing a ripped black skirt and pink top tucked in so her recently developed figure could be proudly shown off, she had on matching pink sandals.

"Let's get this party started, now the fun has arrived." She giggled, grabbing my elbow and pulling my inside, clearly the party had been going on for at least an hour by the looks of things.

"Isn't your aunt going to be mad when she gets home to this mess." I say worriedly looking around; there's cups on the floor, the living room had become the designated dance floor and everything had been pushed into corners, it seemed no one was being cautious about spills and crumbs.

"Nah, they're not back until the morning and I'm staying to help clean up after so everything will be back to normal before they come home." She said confidently, and so I let myself stop panicking and start to enjoy myself.

I'm taken into the kitchen where I can see Georgies cousin, the birthday boy laughing with his friends and clutch the gift I'd brought with me.

"Is there somewhere I can put this, I don't want to give it to him in front of all his friends." I ask, but Georgie's already pushing me towards his group.

"Don't be a baby, he'll be really pleased you came, he asked me to make sure to invite you."

"Hi Marcus, uhm Happy birthday... this is for you." I shove the box at him to hide my embarrassment at now being the centre of attention.

"Rae you came, you - you look great." Marcus and a few of his friends eye me and I rock from side to side not knowing how to respond.

When he finally notices how uncomfortable I am he focuses on the gift and starts to open it, thankfully this draws the attention off me.

"Wow! Thanks Rae, I've wanted this game for ages." He wraps me up in his arms and gives me a grateful squeeze before showing off his new game to the guys, all of which were now looking excitedly at the 18's game I had to beg Hayden to buy for me.

With their attention on the game, I make my way back to the drinks table with Georgie and grab a soda, alcohol was mixed in with the rest of the drinks but I wasn't going to be touching that stuff. I needed to prove I was mature enough to be allowed at these kinds of parties.

Unlike me Georgie had no one to prove herself to tonight and grabbed a fruity looking bottle, only for it to be grabbed back out of her hands.

"Not a chance am I letting you drink beer Georgette." It was Jacob, her 18 year old brother and my biggest crush.

It wasn't even a subtle crush, everyone knew including Jacob, I just couldn't seem to control myself around him. I'd laugh at un-funny things, trip on nothing, stumble over my words, say stupid things. It was pathetic really.

He was just so gorgeous; slightly darker skinned than Georgie, but with matching melted chocolate eyes and fluffy textured hair, that he chose to have shaved close to his head, whereas Georgette teased hers so it was at its fullest. They were both beauties but something about Jacobs seriousness drew me in.

"Hi Jacob," that was about the most conversation you could get out of me before I turned into an idiot around him.

"Hey Rae, you're not drinking are you?"

"Me? No... I mean, we'll technically I'm drinking... a coke," I giggle awkwardly, gesturing to my soda can "I wasn't sure whether to go original or cherry, but in the end I thought go original... you can always cherry it up later. I mean I really like cherry... and raspberry as well, but you can't go wrong with good old original."

Just... Kill me now. That must have been the longest conversation about coke I'd ever had in my life.

I could tell by Jacobs smirk he knew I was mentally face palming right now, I think he enjoyed the effect he had on me sometimes.

"Alright, I'll leave you and your coke making decisions to it then. I'm watching you G, no alcohol is touching your lips. You got me." With a stern look at his sister he leaves and returns to his huddle of friends. Probably to laugh at how much of a loser I am.

The rest of the party is some what anticlimactic but enjoyable and I'm ready to leave when Hayden texts that he's outside.

Saying quick goodbyes to the people I know I walk out and sweep my eyes across the road to find the car.

"I forgot to mention earlier... you look really cute tonight." My mouth drops open at Jacob, who had followed me outside to make sure I got in the car safe.

"Oh than-thank you.. uhm got to go, happy birthday... I - I mean say happy birthday, that is... to Marcus, because it's not your birthday, it's his. Anyway... Bye."

I power walk to the car and get safety behind the door before I drop my head in my hands, why am I so embarrassing.