First time.

Georgie and I were having a girls weekend together, this wasn't an uncommon thing for us to do, but maybe she'd noticed how I'd pulled back a little in our friendship the past couple of months, and wanted to make sure everything was alright between us, because she seemed to be overly pushy about it happening and that it needed to be done soon.

A small part of me worried she'd somehow clocked on to what was going on between her brother and me; I hadn't brought up telling her the truth to Jacob for a while, because he always said the same thing and then kissed me until I forgot... it was all very pathetic of me, but sometimes I wondered if I wasn't fighting him on it because I didn't want Georgie to know.

I definitely wanted to tell my best friend about my first kiss with a boy, and everything that went with it... but I wasn't sure I wanted to tell my best friend about my first kiss with her brother... and everything that went with it.

I shouldn't have been worried about her discovering my secret though... I should have been focused on the ones she'd been keeping.

.....

We were sat having lunch after many hours looking through different stores, we'd been laughing, teasing and gossiping all day, and everything seemed right in the world.

"I have to tell you something." She looks about ready to burst and somehow I know, this is what the whole weekend has been centred around.

"Well, spill the t-"

"I had sex." She blurts out, a few people around us in the cafe look towards our table but I'm too busy trying to take in what she'd just said to notice.

"Wait...what?"

"I... had sex, a- a few weeks ago, it was Marcus' friends birthday, and he invited me... we'd always flirted back and forth but I, well, we were just talking and stuff in his room and then he kissed me and then one thing led to another. I wanted to tell you straight away but, I kind of felt weird because I know how romantic you like everything to be and that's not how this went down, believe me. It wasn't awful and it's not like he just hit it and quit it... he's been messaging me all the time and asking me out. But I know it's not the fairytale vision you have in your head and I didn't want to disappoint you."

We stay quiet for a few minutes, I use this time to process, and she uses it to let me.

"Alright," I start and see her flinch slightly, worried I'm going to berate her, or have her burnt at the stake. "I need two things from you... a picture of your prince and lots of details."

She can't hide her surprise and I laugh loudly causing the other customers to look over at us again.

"G, I'm not disappointed, so I have a fairytale idea in my head of how it's supposed to happen, I'm also not naive enough to believe that's how it actually goes down." I hold my hands out and she grabs them over the table.

"You never have to feel weird about telling me things, I'll always support you, no matter what."

I squeeze her hands and we both laugh again lightly, the tense weight I had notice following her around was gone and I wondered if I was carrying a similar burden.

"Well, where's my picture? Unless you're ashamed of him." I tease and she shoves my hands off her playfully before grabbing her phone.

"No, I'm pretty sure you'll approve Rae-ban. It might not have been our Cinderella dream but he sure does look like a prince."

.........

I'm almost fast asleep beside Georgie when I feel my phone buzz.

- Come here. J -

Sighing tiredly I wonder if I should just ignore it and pretend I'm already asleep.

- I know you're not asleep yet -

How...? I look at the screen and see the tick and read sign underneath his messages. Damn phones, where had the good old days gone, when you could read a text and not have the other person know;

It really didn't serve anyone, the readers felt obligated to reply... And if they didn't, the senders just felt bad. Who was this benefiting.

I lift off the bed and slowly make my way to his room, not bothering to knock and just walk in, quietly closing the door.

He's already sat atop his bed and motions for me to join him.

"I can't stay long, this is supposed to be a girly weekend, just Georgie and I, you're cutting into our girls time."

"She's asleep, what 'girly' things could you possibly be doing?" His eyebrow is raised, before I can answer he's grabbed me and pulled me on to the bed trapping me under his arms while he hovers above me.

"Was there something specific you required of me?"

"You're snarky, is it that time of the month?" He retorts and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Actually it is, so there's no point me being in here is there..."

"Why? what difference does it make, it's not like you'd let me go near there anyway." He's lifted off me now and is sat brooding on the edge of the bed.

I mirror his body language and make sure there's no part of him touching me, I couldn't believe he would say something like that to me. He knows how new this all was to me.

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm not as easy as the girls you usually spend your time with. Perhaps it's time you go back to them and leave me to play with my dolls." My words are like ice and I stand up, determined to storm out of his room and never come back.

An arm wraps around me before I make it to the door and I'm pulled into his chest. His face dips into the crook of my neck and he inhales deeply.

"I'm sorry, okay. I didn't mean to say that. You surprised me, you've never spoken to me like that before and I reacted badly. Come back to the bed, let me apologise properly." His nose has been skimming along my shoulder and back to my neck throughout his apology and I tilt my head to give him better access.

"Ten minutes, then I really do have to get back to Georgie."

He nods and pulls me back to the bed.