Practice makes perfect.

Over the next month or two, I figure out Jacobs much better at foreplay and can bring me to an orgasm with his fingers and his mouth. A fact I'm most pleased with.

He's actually pretty talented and I came to realise it was first time jitters - on both our parts, that had caused my first time to be... less than desirable.

He wasn't able to get me to come during the main part of sex and I was still faking through that, but he'd usually - if he wasn't overly excited - spend time on me enough to get me to reach an orgasm before it was his turn.

Practice makes perfect they say.

..........

I'm waiting for Hayden to pick me up after spending another night with Jacob; who was too busy to drop me off as he had to get to football practice and the field was in the opposite direction.

It didn't bother me though because I was able to shower and get myself some breakfast while I waited - I'd be rushed in the mornings if I went with Jacob.

It was the last game of the season next week and he had to be on top form to win. I understood that and I honestly didn't mind him leaving me here.

Hayden's already on the drive when I lock up, Georgie had given me a key years ago just in case I was ever there before her. I wave at him before going around the front of the car to settle in beside him.

"Morning, thanks for coming to get me." I say kindly and hear a snort of annoyance.

"Well, it's not like Jacob was willing to give up his precious football practice to see you home safely."

Woooahh, somebody had a bad case of cranky pants syndrome today.

"Did you short circuit yourself or something. What's with the tude?" I raise an eyebrow in wonder.

"I just think it's a real dick move him leaving you to go throw a ball around." Hayden's mouth is set in an angry line as he spits his insult and I open my mouth in shock. Hayden didn't curse.

"Woah, tell me how you really feel Hayd. I was the one who told him he didn't have to drop me off. I didn't realise it was such a burden to you and annoyed you so much."

He shoots his gaze to me and huffs.

"You know that's not what I'm saying. I have no issues coming getting you. I just think the guy you spend your nights with, should at least make sure you get home safe." His lip curls in disgust when he says nights and I know he means because he found out I'd been sleeping with Jacob.

I'd been confiding in Delilah and asking for her help after my first time with Jacob, when I was worried I was broken. She'd reassured me that a lot of women couldn't orgasm from penetration alone and the first time for almost everyone was painful and awkward.

I'd been keeping her up to date on how we'd been getting better as a couple;

"D! I had one... I had an orgasm... I think." I laugh lightly, I'd barged into her room and plonked down on her bed where she was studying for her finals.

She quickly closed her book and gave me her undivided attention.

"Well... describe it and I'll tell you if you had one or not." She chuckles and I explained about the heat that built up inside me, how I felt myself shiver all over and felt my entire body quiver in aftershocks.

"Sounds like an orgasm to me. I'm proud of the little shit." She mentions Jacob and I giggle pushing her in jest.

I hadn't shut the door properly and Hayden was stood by the entrance holding a basket of Delilahs clean clothes. His face had turned hard and he set the clothes on top of her drawers and left without saying anything.

I went red with embarrassment but was also relieved it had been him who overheard our conversation and not my parents.

Hayden had been a little awkward with me at first but we never mentioned what he'd heard and soon we were back to our old selves. I hadn't noticed his hatred for Jacob in a while and figured he'd gotten used to us being together.

How wrong I was.

"That 'guy I spend my nights with', offered to take me home." I lie on behalf of Jacob, and because I didn't want Hayden to be right in what he was saying, "I told him I would wait for you. Believe me. I won't make that mistake again." I look outside the window and stay silent for the remainder of the journey.

..........

The rest of the day I spend helping mom bake cookies and muffins for her book club and reply to a text off Marcus, before calling Georgie and suggesting a sleepover - I didn't want Hayden in my room tonight and was using my best friend as a barrier.

"Sorry Rae-ban, I'm at Nicks tonight. I can cancel if you want?" I decline and tell her I'll be fine. I wasn't even sure Hayden would succumb and try to come in my room anyways.

He did though.

I'm part way through some crap romantic movie when I hear a soft knock on my door.

Rover lifts his head up and tilts it at the side while I shout for them to enter.

"Hey Sunshine." He says in a contrite tone. He's shuffling awkwardly from one foot to the other and I take pity on him almost immediately.

I lift the covers up for him to slide underneath and he does so with little hesitation.

"I'm sorry about this morning. I don't know why I was so mad. I don't know why I even have that emotion in me to begin with. Why am I so weird?" He asks self consciously, flopping against the mattress and covering his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"You're not weird Hayden. You're brilliant. I love that you have emotions, and that you can't always control them." I grab his hands and pry them off his face.

"But I shouldn't have them. I'm an Android. A robot. A machine. Machines don't have emotions." His eyebrows furrow in confusion and for the first time ever I wonder if it would have been better to let him stay at Robotics corporation; the company that built him so he could get some answers.

Mr Lachlan, the original designer behind Hayden, was never able to find the creator who had tampered with his chip to make Hayden so human like and still, after all these years he hadn't been able to come close to creating anything like him.

"Hayden you're not just a machine. I don't have all the answers you're looking for in terms of the science and technology behind you, but I don't ever see you as a robot, I always see you as my friend. My human friend. Maybe if you saw yourself that way, you wouldn't feel like you're doing something wrong by just having feelings." I take a deep breath.

"Perhaps... if you wanted to, you could visit Mr Lachlan and learn more about yourself and together, you could figure out why you're so unique."

Hayden looks unsure and nervous so I instinctively grab a hold of his hands again and squeeze them in comfort, feeling light and proud when he smiles down at me.

"Would you come with me?" He asks and I agree without hesitation.

"I'd go anywhere with you Hayd."