Date Night.

I'm sitting at my desk, going over class notes when the front door slams open loudly, making me yelp in fear.

"Honey I'm home!" I hear Hayden yell, before snickering to himself.

"Honey!" I shout from my room "you scared the shit out of me!" I hear his laughter continue.

"I have something to shooowww you, come in the kitchen." He sings and I chuckle under my breath before pushing myself out of the chair and making my way into the kitchen.

Hayden is standing by the counter with a tub of ice cream and a spoon in his hand. The grin of excitement on his face is infecting me and I smile in bewilderment at him.

"You bought me ice cream?" I guess, walking closer to him.

"Nope." He shakes his head, laughing deeper.

"I give up." I'm pressed against his chest now and he leans down automatically to kiss me.

"I bought ME ice cream." He announces, pecking my lips once more and I stare at him in confusion.

"I don't get it." I say honestly.

I watch as he peels the lid off the tub and scoops a huge spoonful of the vanilla ice cream. I'm about to open my mouth for him to feed me, when he puts the entire spoon in his own mouth.

"Hayden what are you doing?! Spit that out." I demand, worried about how it will settle inside him, but he just laughs again and scoops another spoon into his mouth.

"This actually tastes amazing." He tells me, finally holding the spoon to me, but I'm too busy finally realising what was going on.

"You have a stomach! And tastebuds!" I scream excitedly. "Why didn't you tell me you were having the operation? Why didn't you tell me you guys cracked it!" I hit his chest gently, just to show him my annoyance.

He lifts me up and places me on top of the counter, bending down to kiss me again but I stop him.

"Let me feed you." I ask giddily. He chuckles before handing me the tub and spoon. I waste no time giving him spoon after spoon and watching in fascination as it disappears down his throat.

"This is incredible." I beam up at him.

"We finally fixed the issues a few weeks ago, and I didn't tell you just in case it didn't work. I have every confidence in both mine and Killian's genius, but I didn't want to jinx it or disappoint you."

I continue to feed him while he explains some of the mechanics behind it and I try to understand most of it, when a question pops into my head and before I can stop myself it's already out.

"Do you have to poo now?" As soon as it's out I turn bright red at my lack of decorum. What a thing to ask someone.

He laughs out loud and it takes him a good minute to calm down. I try to defend myself.

"What... it's a legitimate question. You can eat, you have a stomach. Where is the food supposed to go?" I huff.

"Rae, I love you. I wasn't laughing at the question specifically, just the way you worded it and how red you went. In answer to your question... yes, I do have to poo now... and pee." He teases and I roll my eyes at his childishness.

"Well," I sulk, trying to get down from the counter, but his body blocks me. "I'll leave you to your ice cream."

"Baby, don't be like that. I'm sorry for teasing you... let me make it up to you." He pleads, but still has a smirk on his face.

"What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking, we go out to eat... I can take you on a date where we both eat in a restaurant." His eyes light up at the idea and mine mirror his.

"A date? in a restaurant?" I ask just to be sure I'd heard him right.

We'd been together for six months now and we'd never been able to eat out together, for obviously reasons.

We still went to the movies or did other types of dates that wouldn't require us to sit and eat together. I would usually eat before we went out or get something on the way home to eat in the car. It had worked fine for us, but to eat together in a restaurant was something I was all too excited for.

"That's right. A date in a restaurant." He repeats. I wrap my arms around him and press my lips to his firmly.

His tongue is quick to deepen the kiss, and I sigh blissfully into his mouth.

"Let's go now." I giggle when he finally releases my lips.

.................

"Where do you want to go?" He ask while we settle into the car.

"Wherever you want to go, this is your first proper meal, you need to pick." I buckle in and turn to face him while he thinks quickly.

"What food have you seen me eat, and always wanted to try?" I ask and I see it the moment he decides.

He starts up the car without saying anything and I let him keep this a mystery.

I know exactly where we're going the closer we get, and am just as excited.

"So you chose Italian huh? Nice." I praise, while trying to decide if I would go pasta or pizza tonight.

"You always rave about this place and the look you pull when you bite into that pizza, it reminds me of how you look when I'm inside you." My mouth drops open in shock at his words, before squeezing my legs closed in desire.

Pizza it is.

Just to tease him back I tilt my head in confusion and say "I didn't realise I pull a disgusted look when I eat... or is it boredom?"

It's my turn to try to contain myself after I burst out laughing at his reaction.

"So not funny." He sulks.

"Baby, don't be like that." I copy him and see his mouth quirk up slightly.

We park outside the Italian restaurant and just as I'm rounding the car he grabs me and pushes me against it, putting his mouth to my ear, he whisper huskily.

"When we're finished here, I'm going to prove to you that you've never been disgusted or bored by me." My breath hitches and I automatically lean my head back, baring my neck to him. He presses a soft kiss against my pulse before pulling back.

Grabbing my hand, he lead us into the restaurant and I have to control my wanton thoughts that he's just brought forth.

After pizza...

..............

I watch in fascination as he takes the first bite of his pizza and wait impatiently for his verdict.

"Are you chewing that slow on purpose. Put me out of my misery, do you like it?" I ask anxiously.

"It's..." he starts before taking another bite and I groan in annoyance, he's definitely doing this on purpose.

He chuckles "it's delicious, I can see why you want to eat here all the time... but," He stops again and I widen my eyes.

There's no 'buts' to this pizza, it's the best pizza ever made.

"I know you'll taste much better." He finally finishes, and I try to stop the blush from spreading.

"Just eat your pizza." I say, and his laugh carries us to the end of our meal.