Sleepover secrets.

Georgette and Jacob ^^

I didn't tell Georgie about Jacob saying I looked cute, I just imagined he'd said it to get a reaction out of me... or I'd imagined it full stop and didn't want the added embarrassment.

Still, I began inviting Georgie over for sleepovers for the next six months so I didn't have to stay at hers, I was definitely avoiding him.

It was Georgies sixteenth birthday and she was having a girly sleepover at her house... and it's not like I could suggest we do it at mine, so I packed my over night bag and asked Hayden to drive me.

He was very intuitive and noticed I wasn't overly excited about going to Georgies house.

"What's the matter Rae? You haven't been over to her house for months now." Of course he noticed. "Did something happen?"

"No not really, at first I was avoiding her brother because I always embarrass myself around him... but the more I avoid, the harder it's getting to actually see him and I know it's just going to be mega awkward now."

"I'm sure everything will be fine and you've just been worrying over nothing. Maybe he won't even be there. It is Georgettes 'girly' sleepover." Hayden tried to soothe me and it mostly worked.

Maybe he wouldn't be there... it was Friday night and he was 18, He could have hundreds of better things to be doing while his sister entertains her friends.

With a slightly less apprehensive stance I start to allow myself to get excited for my best friends birthday.

"Thanks Hayd, you're the best."

"Always happy to help my little ray of sunshine." He playfully ruffles my hair before putting both hands back on the wheel.

.....

"Happy birthday!" I scream at Georgie as soon as she opens the door. I grab her for a big birthday hug and then let her lead me into the living room.

"Thanks Rae, if I didn't know it was my birthday already you definitely just reminded me." She laughs at the big bright pink bag of presents I've brought her.

"Open them, open them now." I say just as excited as if they were my gifts. I'd spent a lot of time on these presents and for the past couple of months if I'd seen something while shopping that I just knew she'd love, I added it to her bag... hence why it was so big.

It takes her a good while to open each present, especially because she's always been considerate on giving the perfect amount of time to each gift that she gets.

"Oh Rae-ban! I love them all! You're the bestest friend ever." It's her turn to grab me up in a bear hug now.

I'd been told to get here at least half an hour before the other girls so we could spend a little time just the two of us. So by the time our other two friends show up, I've helped her set things like the nail varnish stations and snack bars in her room up.

Her mom was ordering us pizza and had been to the shop to get us copious amounts of ice cream, so we were definitely not going to go hungry.

"Where's your hot brother?" Charlotte asks a little while later, I listen intently but pretend I'm focusing on Bree's toenails.

"Think he's hanging with some of his friends... and can you please not call him that. It's gross. He's gross."

"He's not gross... he's gorgeous." Char gushes, fanning her face jokingly.

We all burst out laughing and although Georgies grimacing she can't help but join in.

"Well, maybe if you lived with him you'd realise he's just a gross teenage boy. Who leaves his dirty clothes everywhere, such a slob."

We paint nails, do makeovers, style hairs and watch movies before it's almost midnight and we decide to call it a night.

I wake up thirsty and glance at the alarm clock on Georgies dresser - it's 2 in the morning. I share the bed with her, while Charlotte and Bree share the blow up double bed on the floor. It's always been like that if we invite more people to our sleepovers.

Rolling out of bed I quietly make my way out of the bedroom and start to creep towards the bathroom to get some water.

"Psst."

I stop moving.

"Psst, Rae..." in the dark I just about make out a shadowy figure standing next to Jacobs bedroom door.

"Come here. I have to tell you something." It is Jacob, I can hear his voice properly now and blow a sigh or relief I'm not about to be murdered.

I follow him into his room and only when he closes the door, do I realise what I'm wearing.

It's my Minnie Mouse shorts and cami top. Oh my god, I'm practically naked in front of Jacob Linetti.

His bedside lamp is on and I'm glad the room isn't bursting with light so he can not only see my entire outfit, but notice how red I am.

"I've not seen you for ages." He says. I stay with my back against his door and he's stands a foot away from me.

"Oh... I - I've just been really busy." I start to stutter out my lie.

"I'm sorry if I upset you when I said you looked cute at Marcus' party, if I'd have known you'd avoid me for 6 months I'd have kept my mouth shut." He voice was quiet and gruff not wanting to wake anyone up.

"No, I haven't been avoiding you. Georgies just spent so much time at mine, I didn't notice us not coming here."

Even in the dim light I can see his raised eyebrow. He didn't believe me.

"Fine," I relent. "You surprised me, and a part of me thought I'd just imagined it... then I remembered my whole happy birthday embarrassing response and ... I was avoiding you. I'm sorry." I look down at my feet.

He uses his hand to lift my chin so I'm looking him in the eyes again.

Jacob Linetti is touching me!

"So if I were to say you look really cute in those Mickey Mouse pjs, will you run off again?"

"It's Minnie." I correct.

"Whatever." He whispers leaning down, getting closer to me, his nose is touching my nose... and then his lips are touching mine.

My first kiss.

And it's with. Jacob. Linetti!

His lips are soft against mine and I've no idea what I'm supposed to do. I stay as still as possible and pretty soon he's lifting his head from mine.

"Was that your first kiss?" He questions but he knows the answer and shame flows through me. It was terrible. He's never going to kiss me again because I'm the worst kisser in the world.

"It wasn't bad, maybe loosen up a little. Here... follow my lead." This time when his lips touch mine he moves them slowly against me, and I try to copy him.

"Better..." he praises and I beam up at him in pride.

When his lips descend a third time I go up on my tiptoes and meet him half way, eager for more practice.

When I'm getting the hang of things he finally pulls away completely and I know that's all the practice I'm getting tonight.

"I'm glad we cleared this up Rae, so... you're not going to tell Georgie about this are you, it's just, she'd be really weird about it and I'd just rather we kept this between us." Before I can say anything he kisses me again and I sigh into his mouth.

I might not have been an expert but Jacob definitely was.

"This can be our secret right?"

I nod along with him and he opens his bedroom door to let me out.

I make my way back to Georgies bed without getting my drink and I still have a dry mouth.

But I'd had my first kiss.