Chapter three

Billie's POV:

***

I haven't heard from Izzy all day, she wasn't at school, she hadn't been returning my calls or texts. This is so unlike her.

I was waiting this morning to walk to school with her as normal, but her mom came out and told me she wasn't feeling well.

I walked to school with the rest of my friends and didn't think anything of it. I sent her a quick text with lots of heart emojis and told her to get better soon.

Nothing. I haven't heard a thing. It's so weird, even if she was sick, she always replied to me. Plus why did her mom have to tell me? So strange.

I tried to shrug it off, thinking maybe she was just sleeping.

School had finished for the day and I had got home and was eating a snack.

"Billie" my mom yelled from the living room.

"Wha" I replied with my mouth full of burrito.

"Please come here sweetie, we need to talk to you" oh Jesus I thought, rolling my eyes, walking to where they were.

"If this is another sex talk bruh I don't want it, or need it" I flop on the couch.

"Billie, no" my mom sighs shaking her head. My dad just laughs lowly.

I notice Finneas comes out of his room to join the conversation.

"The vampire emerges" I say teasing him. I hardly see him out of his room, he is always on his computer making some dope ass music.

He nods his head solemnly, what no laugh, that was a good joke. The fuck.

"What's going on?" I start to get nervous.

"Sweetie, it's about Izzy" the older brunette says, leaning over to take my hand.

"What about Izzy" I question with a frown.

"Oh my god, is she okay? Is she sick like really sick, fuck me. I don't know how to handle sick people my god-"

"No, no not that" my mom quickly cuts in.
Thank god, I sigh in relief, I don't know what I would do if she was ill.

"Okay good. What is it then?" I notice my mother start to cry. It's like she doesn't want to break my heart or something.

My dad and brother get closer to me, Finn puts his hands on my shoulders. And dad hold my mom.

"Someone tell me what the fuck is going on, you are freaking me the fuck out now" I start to feel my blood boil and my ticks start.

"Baby, she's gone" my dad finally squeaks out, my mom crying into his neck.

"W-What do you mean gone?"

Finneas perks up, knowing this is hard for my parents. He has always been my rock.

"Bil, Izzy's parents saw you two kissing yesterday afternoon and they have taken her to a boarding school"

I gasp

No no no no

This is not happening. I say nothing.

No words. No tears. Nothing.

I know they are those types of people. They never liked me. I knew that. But-

"Billie?" My dad starts

I put my finger up to him. Why are they lying to me. I try to figure out.

I look to my mom, who has tears streaming down her face.

Oh shit, this is real.

I bolt up from my seat and run out of the living room, out my front door. Running to Izzy house.

I knock frantically on the door, nobody comes. I keep knocking. I go around the back to her window. I peek through trying to see her, there's nothing. I panic.

Her whole room is packed up, a white sheet left on her bed, no pillow nothing. Her stuffed animals are gone, her pictures from the walls. Gone. It's like they have shut her out of their life.

I feel my legs buckle under me, realisation kicking in. My tears streaming down my cheeks. I fall to the ground. Sobbing violently.

"Nooo" I scream

"How could you do this" I yell to her parents who aren't even home.

"Isabelle" My heart breaking, bleeding.

"No" I choke on my words, becoming strangled in my throat. I curl up on the grass.

I feel sick to my stomach.

Will I ever see her again?

My love, how can they take her away?

She must be so scared?

Tears still pouring. I feel myself being picked up from the cold grass.

"Shhh" Finn wraps my arms around his neck, trying to calm me.

I nuzzle into his warm neck. My sobs becoming my broken, like my heart.

That's the last thing I remember before waking up in my bed the next morning.

***

"Bil" my mom knocks on my door. My eyes so puffy I can hardly open them.

She comes in and sits on my bed, running her fingers through my hair softly.

"It's time to get ready for school darling"

"I'm not going" is all I say. I close my eyes and go back to sleep. I try to dream of Izzy, it's the only way for me to see her now.

Maybe I'll wake up and it'll all be a dream.

***

Time skip, 2 months.

I over hear my parents conversations all the time, they worry. Which I understand.

I don't go to school. All I do is cry and eat then sleep. Shower, use the bathroom. Then sleep again.

They think I'm depressed, which I am, but I'm more heart broken and confused than anything.

"We can't keep letting her miss school" I hear my moms voice from the kitchen.

"I know, but we also can't force her Maggie. She is so fragile at the moment" my dad sighs.

"I've been thinking, why don't we look into home schooling. We have always wanted to do it, I think it's the best option right now" my moms sweet voice questions.

"I think you're right dear" that's the last thing I notice before silently crying myself to sleep again.

***

A/N:

Do you like it so far?

Thank you for reading, it's appreciated