Chapter thirteen

A/N:
Thought I would mention this here. This book is not in chronological order. As you will note, this is bits of the new tour, but I have flipped it for fictional purposes too.

***

Izzy's POV:

Maggie takes hold of my hand after she puts Billie's inhaler and a couple of other things into a small bag she has strapped around her waist.

Billie's opening act has just started their last song as the older brunette walks with me down the stairs from the stage to where other people of the crew are standing.

There is a large black curtain draped around this area too, so fans can't see in.

She holds the backstage pass that is around my neck in her hand and taps it.

"This is your best friend at these shows, okay?" I nod taking in this new information, her tone stern but warm at the same time, making me think I really need to remember what she is telling me considering this is my first time.

She flips it over and points to a neon green strip that runs down the length of the pass.

"These backstage passes are access all areas however, everyone has colours on tour, and that shows either which department you work for or how much access you have to say, Billie or our family" I nod again.

"Green is Billie. Well technically, It doesn't get higher than this, there are only about 10 of us. As soon as I heard you were coming I got you one and had it with me just in case Bil asked"

My eyes widen and I bite my lip. I don't know why, but that gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing how close I am to this amazing family, even after all my parents did to them.

"Listen Izzy, these concerts are crazy, amazing but real high energy and well you know how concerts can be. The screaming and heat from the lights. If anything goes wrong or you feel uncomfortable in anyway, you show a security guard your pass AND the neon green strip on the back" Maggie continues as we move closer to the metal barrier about to walk into the isle between the crowd and the stage.

"All security have been briefed and know what the colours mean, once they see yours they will treat you like the president and they are your secret service" she laughs trying to make the conversation a little more light hearted.

"Holy shit this is crazy" I laugh with her.

"Honey, you have no idea. But somehow I think you may get used to it very soon" she winks, making me blush.

"Also, I'll be there with you, but stay closer to the stage than fans, we don't want you pulled over the rails, I think you'll be fine because no one knows who you are, but they will see you with me and automatically jump to conclusions no matter who you are" I nod processing everything.

The opening act have finished and we are between the time where the house lights have come back up and Billie's name is being chanted waiting for her to start.

Maggie looks at me and takes a deep breath giving my hand a squeeze but releasing it as we both walk up to the larger gentleman at the barrier we are about to pass to go into the crowd.

"Oh Izzy, one more thing" Maggie whips around to me, as she's walking in front.

"What is it?" I question

"Do you listen to her music?" I was taken aback with the question, nobody has asked me before now. At least, not this directly.

How do I say no but yes all at the same time. I don't listen to her music as in, turn it on specifically choosing it, but also she isn't a small artist, and I don't live under a rock. I hear her songs when I am out but as I've mentioned before I know it's her only because I know her voice. I assume I've only heard the popular songs, I know one is called "Bad Guy".