Chapter Eighteen

4 years later

Isabelle's POV:

***

I sit on our porch, watching Billie with our son, pushing him back and forth on the swings, their smiles making me beam with happiness.

"Higher momma" his little voice mixed with giggles.

I feel a presence next to me.

"It won't be long until there's another little Izzy and Bil running around" Maggie says, handing me a water. I give a thanks and put my unused hand on my oversized baby bump.

"I know, nearly time to meet our little princess" I smile with excitement of having our daughter enter the world.

"Who would've thought 5 years ago, this would be my life" I speak out loud, still looking straight ahead at my wife and child.

"I'd say everything worked out perfectly" she says, resting a hand on my knee comfortingly, taking a seat beside me.

Billie looks up to us at the house, giving me a wink, causing butterflies to tickle my tummy. Ever since we were teenagers she's been able to do that, and I never get used to the feeling.

She's so perfect.

"Me too" I whisper.

"Thank you for everything you do Maggie. I know life gets a little crazy sometimes, but Billie and I really do appreciate your support. You have never waivered with that" I turn, giving her my full attention now.

A small sniffle escapes her, as I watch a tear be subtly wiped away. I take her hand from my knee and give a gentle squeeze, she is the best Mother I've had.

"I will always be there for you Isabelle, and of course Billie and my grandchildren, but you're our daughter too. Way before you married into this family. I'm sorry your parents couldn't be there for you in the ways you deserve" her words make my heart contract.

When we came back to L.A four years ago, things were tough for a while. I finally gained the courage after a about a week, to go face them. To say they were cold and de-attached to me, was an understatement. They were polite but they were not my parents. My siblings on the other hand loved that I was back.

My mom finally opened up more after the passing of my father a year ago and our relationship is mending. I found out they were only still married for my brother and sister, due to their disagreements when I was shipped to the other side of the country. Even though this may be the case, I don't forgive my mother for the things she's done. I am her daughter, it's not hard to make a phone to check up on me or send me letter if she was so scared my father would find out, but I know she's trying, and I want her to be in my babies lives.

Billie and I on the other hand were never stronger. You would think that spending every moment we could together would take a toll on our relationship, but not us. We are so in love sometimes it still takes my breath away.

The thought of not being able to call Billie my wife started to over take my mind within 6 months of moving back and being so inseparable, one day she asked what was wrong and I blubbered like a baby all day before telling her, little did I know my girlfriend had already bought a ring and that's how she proposed. No over-the-top grand gesture, simply me crying on our bed and Billie telling me how much I am the love of her life while pulling out a black velvet box containing the most perfect engagement ring. Now that's real life shit right there. Nonetheless, it was perfect and my dream come true.

Two weeks later we went on that no so subtle date that led to rose petals and candles. I laughed and told her she was way too cliche and she told me it wouldn't be a proposal to me if I didn't already figure it out.

Life is honestly perfect right now. Of course not everyday, we still have arguments, a screaming toddler, a very famous life and Billie is still working too hard. But at the end of the day, I get to fall asleep next to my one true love, with a happy and healthy family.

Pulling me from my thoughts a hear little footsteps.

"Mama, mama" Noah runs up to me, putting both hands on my tummy... gently as we have taught.

"Yes baby" I smile warmly, as I notice Billie walking up the porch stairs, looking exhausted.

"Momma says ice cream" his little face lights up.

"Well then I guess we can go get ice cream" I giggle.

"Come on, let's go get you cleaned up" Maggie says taking her grandsons hand going inside.

"Someone looks tired my love" I say putting my water down and hands out in front of me for Billie to help me stand up.

"Who said having a two year old was fun" she pouts, her hands making their way around my waist. I give her pouty lips a small kiss, I can never resist kissing her when she gives that adorable face.

"Hmm, if I remember correctly, someone came home from a photo shoot with kids yelling 'let's have a baby, baby', sound familiar" I chuckle at her sarcasm.

"Minor details" she rolls her eyes.

"Uh huh" I reply, as we both end up staring into each other's eyes.

"I love you" Billie breaks the silence.

"I love you too" we both lean in, kissing each other. Our lips melt together as we get lost in the moment of passion.

***
A/N:

The End

Thank you all so much for supporting and reading this book. I started this along side my other book and the demand was higher for that one. However, I love this book and how much depth I explored with the characters.

As of this moment, I believe this is a stand alone book and there will not be a sequel.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting blah blah, love y'all ❤️