Chapter four

Present day, 4 years later.

Izzy's POV:

***

I turn the news on as I walk over to my kitchen flicking the coffee machine on.

I groan as I think of the day ahead, my palm rubbing my eyes.

I hardly sleep these days, well I haven't slept properly in about four years to be honest.

I work as a journalist now in New York, which is what I am studying too. Ever since my parents shipped me across the country when I was 16 to the boarding school, that never worked by the way. I have tried to keep myself distracted. There was no technology in the school, our rooms were searched every evening. We had one phone call a week to an approved phone number.

I took the subjects with the most classes and hardest teachers to keep myself busy, it turned out to be journalism along with all the main subject, and I topped my class. My teachers were all very impressed with me, and used their connections to get me a job at the New York Times.

I still think about my parents however, I actually hate them for what they did to me, I do not talk to them anymore. I cut them off about year after I moved. To start with, I was so alone and scared I kept in touch with them.

However after a year or so, the friends I had made, I opened up to them and they showed me the light and how my parents don't deserve my love. I know it's harsh but I had to do it for me.

So I stopped calling, and they stopped requesting to speak with me. Simple.

Now I live in manhattan in a rather large loft, still trying to suppress my emotions. I share with my friend Brian. He works in the fashion industry for DVF, Dianne Von Furstenberg.
He works so hard, I don't see him very often. Which we both like, I haven't been able to be close with anyone since.. her.

Nobody compares.

As I pour my coffee and sit down with the newspaper, I hear the quiet muffles of the tv in the background.

Two words catch my attention.

Billie Eilish.

My hearts starts thumping it's usual way, a little lonely tear trickles down my face.

This is nothing uncommon. My heart has a mind of its own. Even if I'm out and see her face on a magazine or a song lyric. My body takes over and does the same thing. Heart racing, one single tear. Every. Single. Time.

I don't listen to her music, it's not the beat that I notice. It's her voice. I know it's hers.

You're probably thinking why haven't I reached out to her, now I'm not in boarding school?

That is a simple answer too. She got big, famous, busy.

I can't tell you the amount of times my fingers went to dial her number when I left that hell hole. One night I did actually do it, I had drunk a little too much and her voice was so loud in my thoughts.

But an older lady answered. I asked for her, but she advised me that she did not own this number anymore.

Makes sense though right, she probably had stalkers and had to change it.

It wasn't meant to be I would say to myself.

I obviously could have reached out on social media but I don't have any platforms. I could've made one, but I thought she would be too busy now. I see her face on tv, sometimes I google her, she looks happy. Moved on.

I don't want to ruin that for her. So I stay lonely, I haven't been with anyone since a few hook ups at school and I mainly did that to prove to myself that my parents can't remove the gay from me. Bro it was an all girls school and most of our parents sent us for the same reason. The fuck you think was going to happen.

I roll my eyes at the thought. Bringing me back to the present.

I look over to the large flat screen hung on my brick wall, classic New York style.

It showed a green haired girl, getting off the place at JFK.

The caption on the bottom of the screen read

"Billie Eilish touches down in NYC for her sold out show at MSG"

Oh, that's right I forgot she was coming here. I heard it when her tickets went on sale a while ago. It was the talk of the office.

I was pulled from my thought as my phone starting vibrating on the table in front of me.

Buzz

Buzz

I answer it, as the ID shows my boss.

"Hi Sir, how can I help?" I answer formally.

"Izzy, hey" my boss was lovely. He was I tall older man, but used knows my professors well. He has always taken a liking to me.

"Thanks for answering so early. One of our reporters has phoned in sick this morning and I need your help" he states.

"Sure, Olivier, what can I do" I start to make my way to the shower knowing I'll have to get ready fast. I pull out a black pant suit and lay it on my bed.

"I need you to go to DVF offices and interview someone please. Call your friend Brian we have given him all the details too".

"Awesome, will do sir" he mutters a quick thanks and I hangs the phone up, I call Brian quickly. He answers within one ring.

"Babes, did Olivier call you"

"Yeah, he did, what time you need me there" I ask stripping my pjs off.

"30 minutes, she'll be here soon. I have to show her a few pieces then she is all yours"

"Sweet, see you soon"

"Bye darling" he hangs up.

Fuck, I forgot to ask who it was. Oh well I'm way too late to call back. I guess I'll see soon.

***

A/N:

Yo! Who it be? Hehe

Thanks for reading!