Chapter Sixteen

Isabelle's POV:

***

It is now a few days later and the moment I have dreaded is facing me, Billie leaving. 

Apart from Billie doing a few more interviews, we haven't left her hotel room, I haven't even been home. I shared her oversized T-shirts, but to be honest, that wasn't really necessary as our clothes were barely on.

Even though we weren't always intimate, being skin to skin with the love of my life, was intimacy in itself. We spoke about life, we stole kisses when we went silent for a moment and told each other those three special words, numerous times.

I let out a shaky breath trying not to spill the tears that threatened to fall. We obviously couldn't do this at an airport so we were saying our goodbyes in the back of a darkly tinted SUV, because we both wanted to spend as much time together as possible, instead of parting ways at the hotel.

As we pulled inside the parking garage in the VIP section, to allow more privacy, I reluctantly let go of Billie's hand to give her family farewell hugs.

"You take care, darling" Maggie speaks, rubbing my back softly and letting go. Her hand resting on my cheek as she brushes a few stray tears away.

"Thank you for everything Maggie" I reply.

I want to tell her to say hello to my family, tell them I love them but I also don't think I'm ready for that message to be conveyed nor do I believe Maggie should have the burden of delivering it either.

I am awfully mad at my parents for putting this amazing family through that shit, but that is a thought for later. A demon for another day.

I give my hugs to all before sliding back into to large car to be met by a crying Billie, trying to silently remove the tears on her cheeks but I saw her face in the reflection of the car window.

"Oh my love" my voice soft, wanting to be there for her, to let her crumble and I look after her.

Billie slowly turns her head to face me, her eyes red and her cheeks tear stained. I quickly pull her into my embrace, hushing her tenderly.

"Shh baby, it's going to be okay" I coo gently, rubbing my hands along her back.

Silence.

The only thing I can make out is soft sobs. It breaks my heart knowing I can't help more.

I feel her inhale a large breath and move back from our embrace. Our eyes both watery as we gaze over each other's face, drinking in the appearance, taking in the smallest of details to remember before it all becomes FaceTime calls and late night texts.

No words were exchanged as we both leaned in at the same time, connecting our lips in a desperate kiss. Our lips syncing as our tongues collided. Savouring the taste, memorising the feeling.

My hands around Billie's neck as hers instinctively wrapped around my torso bringing us closer. I broke the kiss gasping for air as the angel in front of me touched our foreheads together.

"This isn't for long" Billie finally breaks the silence.

"I know" my voice small, a whisper almost.

"I am so in love with you Izzy, nothing will change that. No amount of time or distance between us will be able to shift the feeling I have for you. This is a forever thing" her fingertips tracing patterns on my bare skin as her hands travelled up my shirt.

A gentle tap sounded on the car window signally her parents had given us as much time as possible.

"I love you" We say in unison, only to make our lips tremble more.

We hold one another close again before pulling away and Billie peppers little kisses all over my face, making me giggle.

We seal our lips again in another passionate kiss as she links my hands in hers, moving further away from me out of the car before our fingers lose contact.

Mouthing "I love you" again Billie stands at the opened car door.

I rummage through my brain trying to come up with all the words I need to say before she's not in front of me.

"Text me when you're through security, and when you're waiting at the gate, and on the plane, then when you get home.. and" I take a breath before continuing, watching her delicate smile grace her face.

"And all the time" i say slowly, taking my lip into my mouth trying to stay strong.

"Always" Billie says, leaning into the car where I had managed to shuffle to the closest possible part of the seat.

She then places the sweetest, over before you know it, kiss on my lips. Making butterflies erupt, time stand still and my body craving more.

She walks to the front of the car telling the driver something before the window is rolling down and the door is being closed.

I have a feeling she was telling him to drive away before I could get my own plane ticket.

My hands grip the edge of the window as the driver pulls away, Billie and her family firmly put in their spot as they wave.

My breathing gets rapid and tears stream so much from my eyes everything is a blur. Maggie has now taken Billie in her arms as I watch her fall to pieces, lowering to the ground more and more with each second that passes, needing Finn to take over and steady her back to normal.

My heart cracks, breaks and shatters at the sight. I can't do this, my breathing laboured. Panic setting in.

This is not right. I can't do this all over again, not when I can control the situation this time round, it's my life.

"It's my life" I whisper.

"Stop the car" I whisper again, my hands finding the door handle.

"Stop the car" I speak louder. My fingers trying to open the door, but it does not open.

"Stop the car" I yell. Making Billie crumble further knowing she can hear me. 

"I can't do that Miss Isabelle, I have been instructed to keep driving". The words ring through my head.

She knew this would happen. Billie knew we would both react this way and she told the driver to keep driving? What the fuck.

Not today, not this time.

***

A/N:

Well... this has been months in the making. I am so sorry for not updating. As most of you will know, I was working on my other book "The Therapist" which has a lot more following so it took the little time I have had, to update that one.

I have one more chapter to post on that book before it's completed, then I will be working on the sequel, however I want to continue to update this one too.

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting blah blah blah, love y'all ❤️