Chapter Seventeen

Isabelle's POV:

***

I pull my shit together and remove any sense of waiver in my voice before speaking again.

"If you want to keep your job, you will stop this car. Immediately" I threaten, not meaning to turn into a monster, however I will not create further mental scars I know I can avoid. For both of us.

The car pulls to a holt and the door is being flung open. I jump out, wiping my tears and I see my baby now in her brothers arms.

It's like a voice telling me to run, like my life depends on it, so that is what I do.

"Izzy" Maggie gasps in a whisper like voice.

Tears blur my vision as I get closer and before I comprehend two arms are wrapping my waist pulling me close. I reciprocate the hug, breathing in Billie's scent.

"I can't lose you. Not again" I sob into the crook of her neck.

The overwhelming feeling of being separated again was too much for my heart to handle and I know it was too much for Bil also.

"I got you baby, it's okay" she whispers, rubbing her hands along my back.

After a few more minutes of holding each other, she speaks.

"Izzy, I have to go back to LA though, there is shit I gotta do" pulling back from our hug I wipe my tears trying not to break down again.

"I know" I choke out barely audible.

"Come with me?" She says more of a questioning tone.

"I" I'm cut off.

"Isabelle. Please, come with me" Billie states in a firm but caring voice, looking side ways to her parents, who nod.

I chew on my bottom lip overthinking things, as per usual.

It's a big deal to go back to LA. The place I knew as home for so many years that my so called parents, ripped away from me. I would have to see them again too I guess.

"You don't have to see them" Billie says, like she can hear my thoughts.

My gaze shifting to meet her ocean blues.

"Okay" I reply, watch her eyes light up.

"Okay..really?" She repeats, searching for any fear from me.

"I can't lose you again Bil" I say, both of us tearing up.

***

I wipe my now sweaty palms on my pants as we take a seat on the plane. I had been so caught up in getting ticket, some clothes together and going through security that now I am starting to feel the full effects of my decision.

I stare out the window, my lip between my teeth.

"Babygirl?" Billie says, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I reply flicking my head to her direction in the seat next to me.

"I said, do you want some wat-... are you okay?" She says looking over me curiously.

"I'm okay, a bit nervous" I move my head to stare out the window again.

I feel fingers interlock with mine, closing my eyes at the sudden warmth, I allow a soft smile to form on my lips.

"You're so beautiful" she whispers, close enough to my face that I can feel her breath. I flutter my eyes open to be faced with the love of my life.

My eyes flicker between her own eyes and lips. Leaning in the slight distance left, I close the gap with a small but passionate kiss.

Resting our foreheads together I relish in this moment. The moment of having someone who loves me unconditionally and supports me through everything, but it's more than that. It's having Billie be the love of my life and physically being with her again. It's like my heart is whole and my soul is happy.

"I love you" I whisper, hands clasped together, our lips back on one another.

"I love you too" she mumbles against my lips as I continue to kiss her with all my love.

I know this is going to be hard, going back to my old life, but what would be harder is letting Billie leave and walk out of my life. Not having her with me, all over again seems like a choice that I could not make.

***

A/N:

Short chapter, but wanted to get something updated.

How's your day?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting blah blah love y'all ❤️