Chapter fifteen

Tw; talk of self harm

Izzy's POV:

***

"Yes my love?" I reply softly, waiting for her next question.

There's a pause. Not for long, maybe ten to fifteen seconds. I allow whatever thoughts are drifting through her mind to simmer. If she needs time, then I won't push her.

I run my fingernails up and down her forearms, trying to provide her comfort.

"What happens now?" She match's my soft tone previously.

"How do you mean?" I ask.

"With us. What happens?" She says, moving from her position in the bath so she is now facing me.

"I leave New York in a couple of days and fly home. Which is on the other side of the country, and may as well be the other side of the globe" her lip starts to quiver.

"Hey" I put my finger under her chin as she looks down, and bring her eyes level to mine.

"We will get through it" I reassure.

"I'm scared. I don't want to leave and then everything go back to the way it was before. I can't loose you all over again, I don't think my heart can handle the trauma" I tear slips from her eye and I pull her close to my body, wrapping my arms protectively around her.

"Baby, that's never going to happen again, okay" I rub her back.

"But you can I understand why I feel that way, yeah?" Her voice muffled from being in the crook of my neck.

"Of course Angel" I coo.

I would think we would get ripped apart again too if I wasn't so 100% in with all of this with her.

I won't allow anything or anyone to pull us apart ever again.

"Billie, I don't ever want to live another day without you" I try not to cry as I say my truths.

"My heart broke a little more every day we were apart. You are it for me, the one I am meant to be with forever. You're my soulmate and all that mushy stuff" I say making her chuckle.

She moves her head to face me again and we share an intimate moment, looking lovingly into each other's eyes. I get butterflies just looking at her.

"I don't want a life, if it's not with you baby" I say and lean in to press our lips together gently.

"I love you" she says giving me another kiss.

"I love you more" I reply between kisses.

"Lets get out, we have been in here way too long" I laugh as I take her hands in mine and show her our fingers turning into prunes.

I remove myself from our hold and get out of the bath. I take two white towels off the rack, wrapping one around my body and then holding the other out for Billie.

She steps out of the bath and I look at her naked body, shamelessly. There, in all her glory, is my one true love. I smile lovingly, that is until I start to notice marks on her skin.

I knit my brows together as she steps out of the tub and walks over to me.

I never noticed when we were in the heat of the moment before. There are scars on her wrists, also a couple on her upper thighs and stomach. Some more prominent than others, and also, I hate to think it but new.

My stomach twists and I feel ill.

I can't tear my eyes away, and I know she notices my smile dropped.