Prologue

"Teacher, why do others say love is complicated?" My student asked me.

She is Rhianne Jeimar Almario. She's 9 years old and a perfect example of how a curious kid thinks. She's a smart kid and thinks more mature than other kids of her age.

While we're walking in the corridor, she overheard a conversation and got curious with the phrase 'love is so complicated' that's why she had to inquire to me.

"They say love is complicated, because love has so much to bring; happiness, excitement, joy, adventure, precious memories, and... and heartbreak." I intently answered the kid.

"Heartbreak? I thought people love because they want to keep their hearts from heartbreak? How is that? Ang gulo naman teacher." She confusedly answered while scratching her head.

I just laughed a little and tapped her head.

"You'll soon understand Rhianne. Ang bata mo pa puro love na ang iniisip mo ah." I retorted.

She just giggled and continued walking. A gray SUV is already waiting in front of the gate as soon as we arrived.

It is nostalgic for me to see the same car I used to ride before. Staring at it makes me feel sick and uncomfortable. Memories. Memories of the past were coming back like a stream of river flowing.

I already took my steps away from the gate before the door of the car opens. It was a desperate move to avoid whoever is in that car.

"Goodbye teacher, see you on Monday!" Rhianne exclaimed when she gazed back to me.

I pretended to not hear her goodbye because I was afraid that he might see me. I continued walking casually as if I heard nothing.

"Daddy!" I heard Rhianne giggles in my back.

"Is she your teacher, babe?" I heard her father asked.

Oh shit, did he see me?

I no longer heard their next exchange of dialogues as I just walked faster to leave the place. I was only able to let out a sigh of relief when I reached the building's corridor.

My heart is beating so fast by just hearing his voice. Who would have thought that a simple voice could tear up a lot of emotions from one's self?

How Ironic that the voice that calms me whenever I'm sailing in an unending chaos before, will turn out to be the same voice that keeps on haunting the pain that I chose to hide in the deepest void in my heart.

The bandage that I used to cover the wounds of my heart teared apart upon hearing his voice which reminds me of my bittersweet past.

The ghost of the forcedly hid memories waved back to haunt my pretentious heart who persistently hides its pain somewhere down its spaces.

"I bought this land from my Father. I started saving for this, since I started courting you. Gusto ko kasi na kapag naging tayo, may maipagmamalaki na ako. I was supposed to show you this on our first anniversary, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to complete the payment on time. So I changed my plan. Luckily, I was able to pay my dad last week, kaya nakahabol sa graduation mo," His eyes were shining and they are so dreamy.

My emotions went haywire with the efforts he made me see. I feel like I'm the most special woman living, by the way he makes me feel his love. This man is unbelievably spectacular.

"Babe, I don't know what to say." Ang tangi kong sabi at yumakap sa kaniya.

"Here in this place, we'll create our own fairytale. It's the place where we will continue our love story. I will make sure to you that this place will be our witness while we fulfill our dreams together." Madamdaming aniya at sinakop ang aking labi.