Chapter 7

I woke up still wrapped in Gabriel's arms and he had a leg thrown over me as well. However, a certain Pancake was missing which is when I smelled food in the air. I gently untangled myself from my Meanie and went to the bathroom to freshen up. After I was done brushing my teeth I went out into the kitchen. 

"Our beloved chocolate chip pancakes." I said as I snuggled up next to Luke. 

"You know it Cupcake." Luke said before kissing the top of my head. 

"That's one thing I won't put up with if the other four come back in our life. You know how to eat. You've been fine with us and ate normal meals. You don't eat sweets only. I hate that we had to sneak sweets. That's what I mean when I talk about being just rolled over. You're a man now. If North wants to be a part of us and I can forgive him then he has to stop trying to control what we or anyone else eats." I said in a stubborn tone as if I was already standing my ground against North.

"I'm with you on that one. When he yells it's how he shows he cares. I can put up with that but that's it. Yell you don't want us to do something but don't keep us from doing what we want or need to do." Luke said before continuing, "I miss my little brother if we're being completely honest. But I don't know how to fix the gap between us. I actually don't think I can unless he's the one to approach and then all I need to do from my end is forgive." 

"That's exactly right. For me it's a little more than forgiving. They broke my trust." I said with a shrug.

Marc came out of his room quite shirtless once again. I raised a brow as I beckoned him with my finger. He smirked as he began walking towards me. He pressed me against the counter as he began kissing me. When he was done, he whispered good morning in my ear. 

"Good morning to you too. That's definitely a good tradition we came up with." I said still trying to catch my breath. 

"Are you going running this morning Bean?" Marc asked. 

"Yep, once Pancake is ready. I doubt Meanie will go as that's never been his thing." I said. I grabbed a banana and finished it by the time Luke was done with the pancakes. I covered them up with a cover that should hold the heat in to keep them warm. 

"Lets get ready to run and we'll eat them when we get back." I said.

Marc gave Luke clothes for running and we got dressed. I put Sassy's harness on and attached her leash before we walked out the door. 

"I always walk to St Charles to warm up and once I reach it then I start jogging." I told Luke. 

"So what do you plan on doing with us until you have work?" Luke asked. 

"Shopping. It's what Meanie loves most, right? Magazine is full of boutiques, so he'll be in heaven. But he's not alone. There are sweets like Sucre on Magazine. So you'll be happy too." I informed Luke. 

"You had me at Sucre." Luke said. We reached St Charles and began running.

"I can see why you fell in love here. This avenue lined on both side with big, beautiful oaks. The side streets filled with flowers galore that they make you feel like you're inside a fairytale." Luke said. 

"You know when I first moved here you, Meanie, and Sean were constantly on my mind because I knew you three would get it, get New Orleans. You're my dreamer, Meanie is my artist, and Sean is my romanticist. This city was meant for all you. Actually Victor too with all the music everywhere. This city made me love music even more than I did as I experienced music I hadn't been exposed to before. This city never grows old for me." I said.