Chapter 34

Stick in the Ass POV

It was March now and North and me have been in therapy for approximately six months. We both felt that we had an adequate understanding of what we did to ruin our family along with what we'd done to Sang. We both agreed it was time to meet with the boys. We wanted to make the repair before their graduation so that when they move to New Orleans we'd do so as a family. Then I can begin repairing my relationship with my brother and Sang. She doesn't know it but the ties she left me had put a smile on my face and I wore them with pride every day. I was also amused about what she did to North's precious baby. He was not amused but he didn't fly into a rage. I made sure to that was clear in our texts that I knew she was monitoring. This was all why I sent a text requesting for a meeting. Kota replied almost immediately which tells me that Sang must have told him to do so as he not only almost immediately replied but replied in a positive manner.

Me: When would it be a good time for all of you?

Numbers: We can do this evening.

Jeep: That works for me as well.

Greek: Same.

Martial: I don't have any martial art classes to teach tonight so it works for me as well.

Me: This evening at 6 pm.

Everyone replied with thumbs up and I felt satisfied. Then I felt my phone vibrate and saw it was an unknown number with a 504 area code. The message let me know with no uncertainty that it was Sang. I noticed that North was included in the text.

Unknown: Hey Stick in the Ass, I'm super proud of you and Grumpy Pants. Keep it up.

Me: Thanks, I will do all that you've asked.

Jeep: Same. Anything for you.

She didn't say anything else, but I felt myself smiling anyways. I considered changing North's name in my phone to Grumpy Pants which made me smile even more.

Jeep: Something tells me you're considering changing my contact name to Grumpy Pants. I won't be mad you've been Stick in the Ass in my phone since November.

Me: Thanks all guilt over changing the contact info gone.

Grumpy Pants: Glad to be of assistance.

That evening the guys all arrived on time and couldn't help but notice the guys eyes widen when they saw me sporting a hot pink tie. I'll admit that Luke and Gabriel weren't shocked but had mischievous smiles on their faces. I see Sang employed the best guys in her shenanigans.  

"Gentlemen. Brothers really. I fucked up. That's saying it lightly. I ruined our family. I never even treated us like a family. I set boundaries that a family shouldn't have. Calling you Mr. Lee or Mr. Coleman. I called my closest brother and best friend Dr. Green even for fucks sakes. I expected him to call me Mr. Blackbourne just like the rest of you though we all know he never did. I recognize now that I set the boundaries to keep distance between us all because I feared turning into my father but by doing that I was turning into my father. I can never be sorry enough for never letting you all in fully as a family should. Keeping that distance is what allowed for cracks. Allowed for me to stop seeing you as family or even associates. I was viewing you as products. Not even as humans. There's no excuse for that." I said pausing to take a deep breath before continuing. 

 "Then the way North and I railroaded all of you and Sang. Holding meetings she wasn't a part of while calling her family. Calling her our girlfriend. We made ridiculous rules. I fucked up so royally with her to a degree she doesn't even realize. I took a girl who knows nothing of relationships, and we befriended her. All of us wanted more from her and didn't communicate that. We began treating her like a girlfriend making her question if this is how friendship is supposed to be. I was the one that decided that. Wouldn't let you discuss things because I wanted her to decide what she wanted. As if she could say what she wanted when she was confused and questioning everything and then feeling rejected when we wouldn't kiss her because of my dumb rule that she had to first. I didn't learn my lesson when that backfired. Luckily, we repaired things and entered into a relationship with her when I once again setup a rule about no sex because she doesn't understand it." I paused again for another breath.