Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13

Ryujin's POV

Ryujin's POV

Palace of Great Benevolence, Forbidden City
October 21, 1744

Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ in the pavilion outside the main hall of the palace for the court lady that will guide us outside the palace to shop for ornaments, parchments, clothing, makeup, etc.
Pinky and I were waiting for Heejin to finish fixing herself. I still remembered what I did to the Emperor last night, I hope it would be enough to at least win his favor, so I can have a higher rank than the rest of the girls.

Pinky was busy writing the stuff she wanted to buy in the Imperial City. I was eating the osmanthus cake a maid served a few moments ago. Still contemplating if I would need something outside. My eyes beamed with emotions, I should buy papers, inks, threads. I know, other girls wanted to buy sachets, ornaments, love tokens (which I found unnecessary), pouches.

"Jin'er, what would you buy?" she wrapped up the parchment she was writing.

"Jin'er? Who me?" I pointed to myself confused at Pinky's words.

She nodded. "Jin is your nickname then I added 'er in the end, us Chinese calls our children or someone dear for us, and I would protect you no matter what. You're my first ever friend alongside Heejin." she smiled widely and hugged me which I accepted.

"Then I should call you Jie'er" I announced.

"Yes, yes, yes! I love it." she squealed and hugged me tighter. "What do you wanna buy?" she pursed her lips.

"Papers, inks, threads, I would buy them for my hobbies. Also, I don't have that much money since I came from Joseon," I said. Fixing Pinky's loose hairpins.

"Oh, I could give you 5 gold taels here. My brother just gave me this 2 days ago!" she handed me the gold taels, but I refused since I don't want others to think I'm taking advantage of my friend.

"No, no, no. It's fine Pinky. I don't want to buy anything else. The Palace provides us ornaments, hanfus, and cosmetics." I pushed her hands softly.

"You better take this. We'll be even if you name your first daughter 'Jieqiong'." she insisted and winked at me.

"Y-yes, thank you, Jie'er" I stuttered. Goodness, I teased the Emperor a 'virgin', but I can't help my face to flare when the other ladies are talking about this subject.

She patted my back and tied a red pouch with crane embroidery on my waist. It was quite heavy since the 5 gold taels were placed there.

It was my turn to ask her what she would buy. "Jie'er what do you wanna buy? Herbs?"

"Oh, I would buy a sachet, of course, for the Emperor to enjoy, a love token, new pouch, cosmetics, ornaments, and herbal medicine for my brother." she read the list on her parchment.