Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Inner Court, Forbidden City
February 8, 1745

Tʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴡᴀɢᴇʀ ᴡᴇɴᴛ outside to take a stroll around the Imperial Palace, happy to see it being more lively since the girls arrived the whole Imperial Palace never ran out of new gossips and rumors flying around. For instance, servants were betting who would make it to the end, and et cetera. Circling back to the Dowager, she was having a pleasant time strolling with her servants following behind her. When she focused her attention to the front, she saw Lady Yon guiding six servants—who were carrying trays covered with green silk fabric.

The Dowager stopped on her tracks and waited for Lady Yon to arrive in front of her before inquiring what she was doing. When Lady Yon was at her vicinity, she stared at the trays and her eyes widen. Quickly, Lady Yon looked back to stare at the trays.

"More of the tonic?" The Dowager asked. Lord Zhang—the Dowager's head eunuch—also stared at it, his eyes carefully observe Lady Yon's movements.

"Her Highness' orders," Lady Yon said and bowed at the Dowager before proceeding to walk toward the Hall of Union. The Dowager's face can't be drawn, she was fuming with Jennie's antics but she can't do anything about it since Jennie's the powerful one in the Inner Court her power is equivalent to an Empress.

"She won't have them getting pregnant." Lord Zhang whispered. The Dowager sighed deeply and turned to look at Lady Yon once again, she asked Lord Zhang to lean toward her before whispering something on his ear.

꧁✿꧂

The Imperial Princess was roaming around, observing the consorts' faces. Jennie was quite the meticulous one. She raises Pinky's chin up then to the side then she sneers. Before she can even touch Yeji's face, she already stared at her irritated.

"Trashy. Look at the eyebrow makeup." Jennie stared at Yeji's thick eyebrows, she must have applied too much eyebrow. Jennie turned to look at all the consorts. "From now on, no more eyebrow makeup."

Yeji and Lia looked at Jennie as if she wronged them while Pinky and Ryujin just stared at each other. Somi and Haseul sighed in defeat, but no one answered Jennie's order.

"Answer me," Jennie said irritated by the silent treatment toward her.

"Yes, Your Highness."

Jennie smirked as she stared at the dejected expressions of Yeji, Lia, Somi, and Haseul. Then she walked toward Ryujin. "Tsk, tsk. Fighting in front of the others."

"I beg your pardon." Lia quickly bowed. Ryujin only stared at Jennie who was waiting for her to do the same as Lia did.

"You don't beg my pardon?" Jennie's eyebrows twitched as she stared at Ryujin's calm face.