Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19

Ryujin's POV

Ryujin's POV

Palace of Great Benevolence, Forbidden City
January 1, 1744

Tʜᴇ ᴅɪᴍ ʀᴀʏ of the rising sun managed to peek through a gap in the deep burgundy curtains right over my eyelids, waking me up rather pleasantly. Rubbing my crusted eyes, I took a moment to silently take in my surroundings. Nakyung and Chaeyoung were preparing my outfit for the day, but why? The Dowager won't be holding any lessons today.

I groggily stood up catching Xiyeon's attention, she greeted me. I looked around for Yuna she was nowhere to be found along with Kai, I turned to Xiyeon but she was already heating my bath.

Walking toward Chaeyoung and Nakyung who were busy picking which ornament I would wear today. I stood behind them, Nakyung noticed me she flashed me a smile and greeted me, as well as, Chaeryoung. I nodded and decided to ask why are they preparing an outfit for today.

"Why are you ladies preparing me an outfit for today? Hmm." I slapped my cheeks slowly to make me more awake, both of them stared at each other before chuckling.

Nakyung answered my question. "Yuna didn't cry, Your Ladyship. She said they were so good she could have-as you suggested-but she did not actually cry. His Majesty will come and get you from your room around five."

My mouth went agape, Yuna sold me off to the Emperor. I scanned my room trying to find Yuna not a single strand of her hair was found. I wasn't so upset about losing, but I seriously would have enjoyed the hanbok. I sighed and was about to open my mouth to ask.

"If you're looking for Yuna, Your Ladyship. She's with Kai who knows what they're doing right now." Chaeyoung answered the question I was about to ask them.

"Maybe she's scared that Her Ladyship will strangle her for selling her off," Nakyung suggested, unfolding the hanfu.

"Yes, she told me she's bringing Kai along with her if ever Her Ladyship will strangle her." Xiyeon chimed in, head peeking out from the frame.

"I bet Her Ladyship would do the opposite right? She'll have a bigger advantage from the other imperial concubine." Nakyung said while holding out to gold earrings for Chaeyoung to inspect.

"Hm-hmm," Chaeyoung responded, holding the earrings Nakyung chose.

"What time is it?" I asked frantically remembering what Nakyung said. The Emperor would be here five in the afternoon.

"It's still past 7, too early, most of the concubines are still asleep," Xiyeon answered she grabbed my shoulders and led me to the bath.

"What?" I can't help but ask. "I woke up too early what would I do with 10 hours?" I groaned thinking what I would do.

"Eat breakfast and lunch. Also, you need to write a letter to your family, Your Ladyship." Xiyeon suggested while undressing my nightgown. I nodded and thanked her.