Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Hall of Mental Cultivation, Forbidden City
September 20, 1745

Rʏᴜᴊɪɴ, ʟʏɪɴɢ sᴛɪʟʟ on Yeonjun's bed with the Imperial Physician checking her pulse. Soobin, Yeonjun, and Taehyun were impatiently waiting for the results of the physician. Ryujin's servants were discreetly giving the Dowager dirty looks, she was faking her cries saying that Ryujin lost her footing and fell from the flight of stairs. No one dared to whistleblow her since she has the highest rank of all women in the Palace.

Kai was digging holes at the Dowager's head with his sharp, glares. He wouldn't dare tell Yeonjun what the Empress Dowager did to Ryujin as well as Yuna who was silently bitting her nails; she was in a jittery mess. Both of them felt the blow of being guilty of not helping their master. The physician asked them to exit the room to avoid causing further stress to Ryujin's battered body. All of them left except for the physician who was perspiring finding Ryujin's pulse; the physician was startled when Yeonjun entered the room once again with the Empress Dowager and Soobin following him.

"What is it? Is it bad?" Yeonjun worriedly asked when he saw the fear-stricken face of the physician, it was no wonder for the physician's face to be pale, he was startled by Yeonjun's loud manner of opening the door.

"No, not at all. . ." The physician quickly collected himself and let go of Ryujin's wrist, his voice was laced with a joyous tone in it.

Yeonjun scrunched his eyebrows together confused with the physician's actions. Soobin raised his eyebrow at that moment while the Dowager was trying to suppressing her frown with the news, she clenched her hands into a fist and tried to smile sweetly.

"Not at all? Well, spit it out." The Dowager inquired her face was undeniably unpleasant, the tiny blue veins on her neck were popping out prominently. She was fuming inside but was also glad that nothing serious happened to Ryujin for she may cause another war with Joseon.

"She's with a child!" The physician delivered the news with his voice and face lighting up in joy, he was sure happy for the Emperor would have the chance of an heir.

Soobin's reaction was to be noted, he looked at Ryujin with disappointment but also happy for her, but he was mad at himself for not making a move for Ryujin before. He was biting his lips. He looked at Yeonjun then Ryujin before tilting his head sideways, who knows what Soobin was thinking at this moment.

"What-" The Dowager quickly clasped her hands on her mouth when she realized that Yeonjun was there, she cursed Ryujin in her mind. Her mind was already concocting plans for Ryujin to have a miscarriage. She doesn't want a girl from Joseon to be an Empress.

"Wi-with a child?" Yeonjun's voice was perplexed, but he was his face says the other way. He looked excited, happy, and anticipating the news. His legs were shaking in excitement with the news.