Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Palace of Compassion and Tranquility, Forbidden City
January 27, 1745

Jᴇɴɴɪᴇ ᴡᴀs ʟᴏᴜɴɢɪɴɢ in her room, her mood wasn't grumpy but ecstatic. She was humming a murderous melody while she was peering over her window and enjoyed how the leaves of the cypress dance along with the wind. When Juhyun entered her room, she quickly stood up from her bed and went to sit on the chair and picked up her favorite cosmetics. She flipped her hair and faced Juhyun.

"Place our people in each of the Palaces where the consorts live." Jennie carefully applied makeup on her face. Juhyun who was standing beside her nodded. "Watch everything they say and do." 

Juhyun smiled and Jennie looked at Juhyun's reflection on the mirror she was holding. "It had been done, Your Highness."

The corners of Jennie's mouth went up, she looked at Juhyun. "Just wait. I'll make the consorts lives a living hell."

"But Your Majesty, the Emperor will grace one of the consorts this evening." Juhyun hesitantly told Jennie.

Jennie dropped her cosmetics and slammed the mirror she was holding. Her eyes twitched while her mouth shivered. "He's unwell. How can he?!" Jennie screamed and Juhyun's eyes welled up clearly worried about Jennie's well-being.

꧁✿꧂

Ryujin was on her way to her new settlement the Palace of Celestial Favors, it wasn't a long walk because her palace came before the Palace of Great Benevolence their little gatherings in the courtyard came to an end. The Imperial Princess decided not to end that compulsory gathering between the consorts and concubines, so she moved their meeting place in Belvedere of Prolonging Splendor.

When Ryujin was at the front of her new home, Jennie's servant Sooyoung was waiting for her and a line of maids with different ranks. Sooyoung walked in front of Ryujin. "Congratulations, Your Grace." Sooyoung's face looked wary, she must have regretted saying she'll lop ten of her fingers off when Ryujin will become a consort.

The other servants followed Sooyoung's word. "Congratulations, Your Grace."

Ryujin just stared at Sooyoung before proceeding to enter the palace. Sooyoung followed her behind smirking and the two other servants that would serve Ryujin also smirked. 

the Palace consists of a front hall and back hall. The front hall has five rooms covered by a gable and a hip roof. Such a roof is paved with yellow glazed tiles and supported by bracket sets. At the edge of the roof are fixed five statuettes of animals. And the roof beams are painted with colorful dragons and phoenixes. Except for the largest room, the other four rooms are equipped with wooden hollow-out windows and doors. The ground of the front hall is paved with square bricks and the ceiling is painted with two phoenixes. The front hall also has a large balcony outside and six side halls, three on east and three on the west. The gabled roof of side halls is paved with yellow glazed tiles as well. Differently, the roof beams of side halls are decorated with the pattern of swirling flowers.