Dᴇɴᴏᴜᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Forbidden City, Beijing
May 16, 1761

Tʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ʀᴇʙᴇʟ attack became a taboo inside the Imperial Palace. Higher-ups came to a mutual agreement that no one should ever bring up that attack in order for the people who survived to slowly heal their wounds from physical and emotional alike. Not to mention the damages it has done the west part of the Forbidden City—where the consorts and concubines once live—it was far beyond salvation charred wood panels, broken roof tiles, and burned personal properties littered around the west part.

Hundreds of lives were lost within that fateful day it ranges from maids to Higher-ups. No one spared that day once the rebel force sees you they won't hesitate to cut your head off from your torso. It took one and a half months for the Imperial Palace to function somewhat normally again, and ten years for the west part of Imperial Palace to be rebuilt.

Sadly, the emotional and mental damage from the survivors caused a lot of them to leave the palace without batting an eye. Also, two members of the Imperial Family lost their lives. It was a dreadful fact. People grieved for 4 months and the Prime Minister, unfortunately, lose his life protecting the people. How ironic, if they know the truth he won't be hailed as a Hero until now.

Inside the newly rebuilt Hall of Supreme Harmony lines of old and new ministers were bowing in front of the throne, a sixteen-year-old was sitting on the throne rather calmly for his age. The Empire has conferred their new Emperor after the previous Emperor abdicated his throne to him. Although young, his eyes were full of vigor and solemnity as he surveyed across the hall. He raised his hands to signal the ministers to stop kneeling to start the meeting.

The meeting went on for a few more hours before both parties left satisfied with the results. The sixteen-year-old Emperor walked down from his throne before he stopped his track and turned to look at his right-hand guard/ best friend.

"They finally left to rest after years of reigning. Although it was a short-lived reign, it was a peaceful era." The boy mumbled.

"Your Majesty, you sound melancholic. . ." the boy's best friend looked at him. "Isn't this supposed to be a joyous day? They'll finally have to rest after what they went through."

The boy turned to his best friend and gave him a warm smile. "I'm feeling happy, though. But I'm feeling lost, there will no one who will reprimand me and no one to guide me."

His best friend looked at him as he was sighing in distress and patted his back offering him a sweet smile before pushing him softly to continue walking. "Your sister is waiting for you in the Imperial Garden."