Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34

Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ:

Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ:

The following is intended to mature readers. It contains scenes of sexual nature that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader discretion is advised. If you do not wish to proceed. There would be a divider and warning where the scenes mentioned above would happen. But if you want a better reading experience, you should read the entire chapter.
Thank You!

Ryujin's POV

Belvedere of Prolonging Splendor, Forbidden City
March 7, 1745

Aғᴛᴇʀ ᴍʏ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ with Soobin, I supposed. I mean, it wasn't a date but an outing nonetheless let me call it a date. Let me live for once. He and I seemed to drift apart, I don't know why but it gave me a hypothesis why. I acted like a cheap whore when he tried to help me and now I regretted that action of mine. Two weeks had passed since we talked to each other.

To put in simply, our friendship is crumbling in a way I didn't expect. But Yeonjun was so sweet and caring when I arrived from the outing, he immediately came to visit me in my palace to ask me if I had fun shopping, of course, I somewhat found it fun and depressing⸺when Hyunjin snitched on me and Yeonjun ordered for me to stay inside the residence until Soobin is done with his work⸺still and all, it was a memorable memory of mine to cherish until I meet my untimely demise and leave the mortal world.

"I'm hopeless!" Pinky complained which brought me back to reality.

"No, no, you're doing great," I lied.

I'd been giving Marlee guqin lessons nearly every day for more than a week, and it genuinely sounded like she was getting worse. For goodness' sake, we were still working on the tune. She hit another sour string which produced a sour note, and I couldn't help but wince.

"Oh, look at your face!" she exclaimed. "I'm terrible. I might as well be playing with my elbows."

"We should try that. Maybe your elbows are more accurate."

She sighed. "I give up. Sorry, Jin'er, you've been so patient, but I hate hearing myself play. It sounds like the guqin is sick."

"More like it's dying, actually."

Pinky collapsed into laughter, and I joined her. Little did I know that when she'd asked for guqin lessons, my ears would be in for such painful—but hilarious—torture.

"Maybe you'd be better at the *Pipa? Pipas make very beautiful music," I offered. She looked over at the corner where Yeji and Lia were sharing tea.

"I don't think so. With my luck, I'd destroy it." Pinky rose and went over to a little tea table, where the papers we were supposed to be reading were pushed to one side and the sweet maids had left Oolong tea and Peach blossom cake for us.