Intro

Izuku Midoriya.

A thousand and one things could be said of him.

Hero in training but already a great hero in the hearts of many. The optimist, joyful, bright, upbeat boy. His family is always supportive, they were strong allies standing by his side through thick and thin. He was gifted a legend like quirk, with which he will be able put his dreams into action, with the retired Symbol of Peace at his side training him, encouraging him and guiding him down the path of a hero! One of the highest scoring students at UA. His friends running by his side, all helping him towards the podium he had always admired. To be reach his eternal dream. To be the number one hero!

Many, if ever asked, would say that he has a promising future ahead of him, he has the perfect life.

But, like most of us know, life is hardly ever that perfect.

  Izuku Midoriya.

A thousand and one things could be said, but no one ever does.

Born quirkless, he carries pain that would make some heroes falter and some villains wince. So fearful of what would happen if this secret were ever to come to light, he locks it away, inside a vault inside his heart, alongside the scars that had accompanied that status. He smiled out of fear, fear of the past repeating itself, fear of the loneliness, fear of the abuse. He painted on his mask of a shining hero to try and cover it up. He had to, or so he believed. No on could know of the stress of being All Might's successor, or he might no longer be worthy. No one could know of the father, who once an eon ago abandoned his family only to returned upon hearing of his son's newly developed gifts, or else Izuku might be seen as weak, not good enough for UA. No one could know, that was his mantra, his life. No one could see the truth.

  So he hid, he hid behind his mask. Painted it on everyday, perfected and practised, as an actor on stage. He played the part of the good obedient student, the loyal friend, the selfless hero. His performance was flawless.

No one ever saw the mask.

Until, one day, someone did.

Come one, come all, gather round and hear my tale, of the boy with the perfect mask, and the man who helped him take it off.  

Hello there, guess who cringed at their passed work and came back to fix it?