Problem child?

Izuku felt calm. He was comfortable and warm. He was content, lying there in that half-awake state. That in-between place. Somewhere between dreamland and the world of the living.

...

Wait...

...

Warm? Comfortable?

He never felt either of those when he woke up, not since his father had returned. His sorry excuse of a bed was hard and cold...

This

...

Was not his bed...

...

So, if he was not in his bed... 

Where was he?

Izuku's eyes fluttered open and were welcomed to a surrounding that he did not recognize. He immediately sat up, as panic started to grip at his chest. He was sitting on a large double bed, tucked under a thick grey blanket. Directly in front of him was a small wardrobe. To either side of the bed were wooden bedside tables, each bearing an antique looking lamp. To his left, large curtains, presumably hiding equally large windows. To his right, was an oak door.

Just as Izuku was trying to recall what had happened the previous night, the door swung open. Through the door, in stepped Aizawa.

"Oh. Good. I was about to come and wake you up."

Immediately, the events of the previous night came flooding back to the boy.

Aizawa walking him back to his home, him discovering the make-up, meeting his parents, taking Izuku with him on patrol. I must have fallen asleep, the boy thought.

Wow, good job Deku, said the small voice from the previous night, not only were you annoying him on his patrol, but you forced him to look after you when you fell asleep. You couldn't even survive one patrol? How pathetic. How are you ever going to become a Pro if you are this weak.

"Midoriya?"

Izuku snapped out of his thoughts. Aizawa had walked to the bed and knelt beside it, without the boy realising it. Aizawa almost looked almost... concerned?

"Ah!Iamsosorrryididn'tmeantofallasleeplastnightIjusthadn'tsleptverymuchrecentlyandIguessIjustdozedoffIamsorryAizawaIreallydidn'tmeantoomessupyourpatrolIamsosorryforcausingyoutroubleI-"

"Midoriya slow down. You're rambling. I could not understand a word of what you just said."

Izuku glanced up, fearing his teacher's annoyance and anger but was met only with a calm stare. The boy took a deep breath and tried again.

"I am so sorry for falling asleep last night!" The boy stammered bowing his head, "I didn't mean to I-I am sorry if I messed up your patrol. I-",

"No need to apologize."

Izuku glanced up once again at his teacher. Aizawa sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

"I saw how tired you looked yesterday. I don't blame you at all for falling asleep. And it did you some good too. Your eye bags are starting to look better too. And you didn't mess up my patrol. You fell asleep just as I was about to bring you back. "

Silence reigned over the two for a couple of seconds, before Aizawa stood.

"C'mon, Problem Child," he said before making his way back towards the door. Izuku pulled off the blanket and quickly followed suit.

To Izuku's eyes the small living room fell nothing short of cosy. A small table, two chairs and one comfy looking couch. On the small table were stacks of papers and two steaming mugs. Aizawa pick up one of the mugs and handed it to Izuku. The boy gratefully took it and took a small sip. The sweet wonders of hot chocolate washed over Izuku's senses, leaving only a nice sort of warmth behind.

Aizawa took the other mug and settled himself on one end of the couch. He then motioned Izuku to sit as well. The boy timidly settled himself opposite his teacher, clutching the steaming mug tightly in his hands. He took another sip of the drink and savoured every drop of it. He dared quick glance at his teacher. Aizawa was looking at him. Not with his usual glare. The look he was giving him now was more curiosity but at the same time somewhat soft, kind.

"H-hum... Might I ask what time it is?" How long had he been asleep for?

The raven-haired teacher reached out towards the little table and started to rummage through the stacks of papers. After a few seconds of search, he eventually found what he had been hunting for and pulled out his phone. He turned it on and glanced at the time.

"12:00."

"W-what!?"

12:00?!Izuku thought, that means I already missed homeroom, Present Mic class and Midnight's class! Oh! I am in so much trouble!

"Problem Child."

Izuku looked up at his teacher. Aizawa took a sip of his own mug and let out a relaxed sigh.

"You don't have to worry about missing classes, you're not going to get into trouble."

Izuku relaxed slightly hearing that, he would just have to ask Iida or Uraraka for their notes later. Aizawa's phone flashed as a notification appeared.

The man sighed as he read the message on his phone. When he was done, he sighed again, typed a quick response, and placed the phone back on the table. He looked up at his student who had been silently watching him.

"Present Mic is bringing us some lunch. You must be starving. I rushed you off on patrol before you could even eat last night. I'm sorry."

"It's fine! I'm not that hungry and I am extremely grateful that you brought me along with you, sir!" Izuku stammered out. It's not like I was going to get any food anyway. Izuku and his mother had barely eaten since his father had come home. Hisashi had spent most of their money on alcohol and beers. Izuku only really ate at school.

Silence fell again between the two. Not an awkward silence, but a calm silence as both enjoyed their drinks in peace.

Izuku felt good. For the first time in a while he felt happy, safe. He had a decent night sleep, he was drinking hot-chocolate and everything was fine.

"Midoriya?"
"Y-yes, s-sir?"

"... Are you alright at home? With your father?"

...

Hi...

I am sorry it took a little longer then I promised to right this chapter. Me and my parents have been fighting a lot recently, nothing too bad though! And it took me a little while longer to write this. I'll have the next one out in a week or so. Also! I was thinking of doing a little side project. Just a little something. It's a text fanfic, where Deku (once again depressed) accidentally texts the wrong person but they end up helping him and saving his life. But what if that stranger turned out to be the villain Dabi? It has nothing to do with this fanfic, it's just a little side project!

Again thank you all so much for your amazing comments! <3 They mean so much to meeeeeee!!!! I mean it! You guys make me so happy!

I love y'all <3

Leolla

P.S: I need two of your ships with Deku. Please! Thank you!!!