The Rain Reveals Secrets

The pair walked in a comfortable silence. The walk back to Midoriya’s apartment was fine.

Until it began to rain.

Neither one thought much of it. It was not raining too hard, just a little drizzle. So, they both continued their walk. Every now and again Aizawa would glance over to the problem child. Did he really imagine the flinch from before? Was he just paranoid?

As they walked, the rain only worsened. After only ten minutes of walking, both were soaked through. The child’s bag now faded colour and both student and teacher wished for shelter. But they continued to walk as though nothing was wrong.

Then the teacher remembered something. That very same morning, the young boy had gone to the bathroom. Usually that would be nothing odd, but he had been absent or a good fifteen minutes. He could have been skipping class? No, Midoriya would not do something like that. Ugh, now I am being paranoid. Aizawa mentally shook himself.

He glanced sideways once again. Then looked ahead. Then immediately stopped dead in his tracks. Izuku noticed his teacher’s sudden halt and turned to face him.

“S-Something w-wrong sir?”

The teacher activated his quirk, the student caught off guard, flinched. Toga? He thought. No, he remained the same when he erased his quirk. What the hell…. Is his face melting?

“S-Sir? Is there s-something wrong?”

“Midoriya what’s happening to your face?”

Izuku clearly confused, reached up and caressed his fingers against his cheek. He felt a liquid like substance on his fingertips. No. No, no, no. Midoriya thought, Please no, not here. Not in front of him. As he looked down, he saw a pale cream like liquid, that almost faded into his skin. The foundation’s coming off.

He immediately tried to hide it from his teacher, but it was far too late for that. With just one long stride Aizawa approached his student, who was still desperately trying to hide his face from his teacher.

“Midoriya look at me.”

The boy shook his head. “I-it’s n-nothing, s-sir.”

Ignoring the boy’s squirming, Aizawa grabbed his chin, pulled it towards him, cupped his hand over the child’s cheek and wiped his thumb over it.

.

.

.

…Is this…. Foundation? Why is he trying so desperate to hide it?

The teacher took the end of his scarf and gently wiped away the make-up, oblivious to the boy’s attempts to rid himself of his grasp. When Aizawa was finished he almost stumbled backwards.

“Midoriya?”

“…”

“when was the last time you slept?”

Now without his protection of make-up, his bags, caused by his countless sleepless nights were now clearly visible to all.

“Midoriya. When was the last time you slept?”

Izuku shrugged, “I dunno…a while.”

A while?!Thought the man, a while!? It looks like he has not slept in months.

“How long have you been covering them?”

“I-it’s nothing M. Aizawa. I only covered them because my friends. I mean, you know how they are. They would over think and worry. But it is nothing. I just did not want them to worry. And- “

“Midoriya. You’re rambling.”

“Oh, um yes. Right. I-I’m sorry.”

Aizawa looked at his student. Properly looked at him, for the first time in a long time. He had not noticed it before but now. Without his make-up, he did look paler. And… skinnier? Was he not eating well at home?

"Kid... Are you ok?"

Why is he asking me that? Midoriya thought. Does he care? Should I tell him?

And why would you do that? Came a small voice in the boy's mind.

You would just be a burden. He is asking out of pity. He does not care. And why would you ask him anyway? Or are you a weakling, just like your father said.

"I - I'm fine, sir"

The man stared right into the boy’s eyes and after a minute or two of silence, they both continued to walk.

Why did I let him see that? Now with that delay we are going to be even more late! Father is going to have my skin for this! Just the thought of his father sent a shiver down the boy’s spine. 

The endless downpour of rain slowly turned into a faint drizzle and the sky started to clear. The pair walk in silence. Not the comfortable silence, they had at the beginning of the walk. It was a heavy unbearable silence that you could almost feel oozing around you. 

Aizawa kept glancing at his student, more than before. When was the last time the boy had slept? He looked exhausted. But since Midoriya had moved out of the dorms there was not much M. Aizawa could do. Then, an idea dawned on him. A rather reckless idea considering the explosion during the afternoon. But nonetheless it could help his student. Of course, he would have to ask the boy’s parents first but.... It could work

Not long after they reached the front door of the apartment. After a few seconds of rummaging in his pockets, Midoriya retrieved his keys, then pushed into the lock and pushed the door open. 

“Mum! F-Dad! I’m home”

Before them stood a plumb, kind faced, women. Her hair was the same emerald green as her son. But just like her son she bore signs of fatigue under her eyes. As soon as the door opened, she rushed to her son and wrapped him in a tight embrace. 

 “Oh Izuku! I was so worried when you were not home! I heard about the explosion at your school and I was so worried! I thought something might have happened to you! Are you ok? Are you hurt? Were its villains?”

After a few more seconds of worried rambling, Inko Midoriya realised that her son was not alone. She then turned towards Aizawa. As she did Izuku gently freed herself from his mother’s grasp.

“Mum, this is M. Aizawa. He is my homeroom teacher. Because of the explosion, he thought it would be safer to walk me home. You know, just in case.”

Aizawa gave a small bow. “it is a pleasure to meet you Ms. Midoriya.”

“Oh no! The pleasure is mine. Thank you for looking after Izuku for me. But you are soaking wet! Please come inside to dry off. Perhaps over a tea. That should do you good.”

To Midoriya’s surprise, his teacher kindly accepted his mother’s offer. He had thought that he would decline, that he had to leave for his patrol. But his teahcer silently followed his mother who bustled down the hall and Izuku was quick to follow suite. 

They entered a small cosy looking living room. On the couch was a tall man, he had a dark tuft of green hair and icy blue eyes. He was glaring at the opposite wall. In his hand was an empty bottle of beer. 

“D-Dear?” Inko called, “Izuku is home”

 Heyyyyyyy~
It's a me the Author~
I am so sorry for taking ages to post😭 I promise I'll post more often from now on!!!!!! Anywayyyyyy how are y'all? Good? Good! If not then have a chocolate🍫 or 🍪 or both🍫🍪
And good or bad have a virtual hug!!! Love you
BAIIII 💖