Home...

TRIGGER WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS CHILD ABUSE

Izuku Midoriya was making his way home, his bundled up clothes and stacks of notes from his friends in his arms. He felt horrid. After he had left his teacher's dorm his day had only seemed to get worse. Anything anyone said seemed to fuel the voice within his mind.

If his friends would try to offer them their notes, the devilish voice would happily begin to chant.

Look how pathetic they think you are~ They took notes for you because they know you can't do anything on you own~ They just don't want your stupidity to bring the class down~

Training was ruthless. His body still ached from running across the night before, so forcing it to do so much exercise could not be healthy. And then... there was his private session with All Might. 

Midoriya had hoped that after such an exhausting and draining day, an extra hour with, the now retired, Symbol of Peace would fill full him with a sense of justice and righteousness. That it would help silence the voice roaring in his mind. That it would put all his worries away and reassure him that everything was fine.

But as All Might once said, it's not wrong to dream. However you need to be realistic.

Midoriya met All Might at the Takoba Municipal Beach Park. Memories flooded his mind. He had worked so hard to clear that beach. Spent countless hours working even as every nerve in his body screamed at him to stop. But he kept going and it was worth it, for the prize he received. One for All. Maybe that was the same with his father. Maybe he had to go through pain to finally get something good out of it.

All Might was waiting for him in his deflated form. He turned as he heard Midoriya approach. 

"Midoriya! My boy! How are you?"

"I'm great All Might! What about you?"

It was at that moment that All Might saw the bags under his students eyes.

"Young Midoriya, have you been sleeping well? No offence but you look awful!"

"Oh! I'm fine! Just not been able to sleep much. I... was using make-up to hide them because I didn't want my friends to worry!"

"Young Midoriya, you must learn that your own health is very important! Almost as important as being a hero! Why weren't you sleeping anyway?"

"Oh! Just nightmares!"

"Midoriya my boy! You must learn to overcome those nightmares! Or else how are you going to be able to defeat villains if you can't banish simple night terrors!Now let us begin our training! Start by running across this beach four times."

 That little speech only seemed to fuel the voice. 

Look at that. He doesn't care about you. 

No stop. Not All Might. He does care. He gave me One for All. He is privately training me so I can become better. He does care. He does!

Do you wanna bet?

Please! Please stop...

You heard him just as well as I. HE said and I quote "you must learn that your own health is very important! Almost as important as being a hero!" Almost. he said almost. He cares more about you becoming a hero (which you never will) than your health. He doesn't care about your "nightmares", great lie by the way. He would definitely have stopped training you of he knew you spent your nights hiding in a cupboard. He would be so disappointed that you could not defend yourself in your own home. How on Earth are you supposed to defend yourself against villains?