The Late Night Patrol

“D-Dear?” Inko called, “Izuku is home”

“Oh, is the br-”

“He brought his homeroom teacher with him.”

“-Our little angel finally home?”

Within the space of around a second the man’s posture abruptly changed. From the glowering man that had been slumped on the couch suddenly transformed into a kind looking welcoming father. He walked over to his son and kindly ruffled the boy's hair. Izuku, not used to this kind of affection from his father instinctively flinched, ever so slightly.

“So, you must be his teacher!” Hisashi said, reaching out his arm to shake Aizawa’s, "Wonderful to finally meet you! Please have a seat!”

Once Inko had brought everyone tea and they were all sitting at the dining room table, when Aizawa finally spoke up.

“M. and Ms. Midoriya, I thank you for your hospitality and kindness. I do have a request to ask of you if you do not mind.”

“Of course! “grinned Inko, “Do you need something?”

“As you undoubtedly already know, the school was attacked during lunch period today. Since most of the students are at the dorms, surrounded by teachers and pros, they are all safe. But since Izuku here is not in the dorms, I have an offer. And before you reject it, please hear me through.”

All three of the Midoriyas had a look of interest, even Izuku, his teacher had told him nothing of this "proposal".

“Once every three days, I wish to take M-Izuku with me on my nightly patrols, so I can keep an eye on him. Since my patrols last until the early hours of the morning, I will just take him back to school and he can return the following afternoon.”

Silence followed these words. Shocked silence. After a few seconds, Hisashi spoke up.

“As much as we-”

“We agree.” Inko Midoriya interrupted, a look of fierce determination on her face. She glanced over to her husband, who was trying to keep his rage under control. “H-he would be safer w-with you t-then with u-us.”

After nodding once, Aizawa then turned his attention towards his student. 

“As long as you are alright with that Izuku.”

Izuku looked so shocked, but immediately stuttered “Y-Yes s-sir! T-thank you s-sir!”

“Alright then”, continued the teacher, “ Izuku if you could please go and change into something else, since we don’t have time to go and get your hero costume and then we will start tonight.”

After that the boy rose and rushed off to his room. Aizawa turned his attention once again to the parents, Hisashi was very secretly glaring daggers at his wife whilst Inko desperately looked anywhere but at her husband.

Aizawa had sensed something was wrong with this place the moment he set foot inside. Firstly, he had seen Midoriya tense when he opened the door as though he expected something horrible on the other side. The ever-lingering scent of alcohol. Both Izuku and his mother’s condition. Both looked sleep deprived and hunger, with the bags under their eyes, and their clothes seeming to bug on them. The way Midoriya had almost backed away when his father touched him. And finally, now Hisashi’s attempts to conceal his rage and his wife’s fear of meeting his eye.

Anyone else would not have suspected a thing but since Shota Aizawa was also the trained pro hero, Erasurehead, he did. He noticed it all. As soon as he had entered this apartment, every one of his developed instincts told him to grab the boy and mother and run. From this man. Hisashi Midoriya. He would have to investigate this man. Everything about him felt wrong. 

At first Aizawa had planned to take Izuku along with him so he could tire him out a bit and hopefully thanks to that have a good night’s rest. But now, all he wanted to do was keep Izuku as far away from this man as he possibly could, and obviously his mother felt the same when she agreed.

Once Izuku had returned dressed in a more suitable hoodie and jeans, Aizawa rose and thanked the couple for their hospitality, and left with Izuku not far behind him.

Aizawa walked to the edge of the row of apartments and jumped to the next roof over. A few seconds later, his student joined him. 

Aizawa turned to his student.

“Alright Midoriya if we are going to do this, we need to set some ground rules. And if you disobey any of these rules, we will not be able to keep doing this ok?”

The boy nodded.

“Ok. Firstly, only use your quirk in defence. Hear me? Defence only. No charging into battle. I will fight you observe. Alright?”

“Y-yes, sir!”

“Secondly, stay with me at all times unless I say otherwise. And finally, if I ever tell you to run. You run. No heroics, no dashing rescue. You run and call the authorities. Understand?”

“Yes, sir!”

“Good now come on.”

So, their patrol began. Aizawa took Izuku to a darker area of the town. Nothing too noticeable happened, Aizawa’s view. He stopped a few muggings, saved a girl from being raped. The normal for him. But for Izuku it was like a dream come true. Not only was he getting experience by going on patrols, but he also got to see his teacher up close fighting. By the time midnight rolled around he had practically memorized his fighting techniques and how he could adapt it to his own style for training.

But as the night went on tiredness began to tug at him. He had been running with Aizawa for a good few hour now with the only breaks of him stopping some crime. Not to mention the fact that he had barely had an hour of sleep during these past few nights. 

Around 2 am, Aizawa was scaling the building on top of which he had left Izuku, but when he reached the top, the boy was nowhere to be seen. Fear immediately clenched at his heart, he was about to start calling for the boy, when he heard very faintly breathing somewhere in the shadows. 

As Aizawa approached, He realised who it was. Izuku had fallen asleep and rolled into the shadows. Took him long enough, thought the teacher. Izuku had lasted a lot longer than he had expected him to. The patrol was practically over. 

The Pro hero gently picked the sleeping boy into his arms and started jumping from roof to roof and carried him back to UA.

Whaaaaaat two updates in one night?????
I know. I know it's strange and I won't normally do this. Buuuttt I felt bad for not posting in a while and I wanted to make it up to youuuu.
So to thank you all for waiting so long, have a virtual hug!!💖💖💖💖💖
Love y'all ❤️
Baiiiiiii
(Sorry of my writing isn't so good. I had to rush a bit.)😁