The Loud Yellow Cockatoo

"Midoriya?"
"Y-yes, s-sir?"

"... Are you alright at home? With your father?"

W-WHAT, Izuku internally began to panic, whilst at the same time attempting to keep a calm slightly confused look on his face. Why is he asking that? Did he see something? Did I mess up? Crap! What am I going to do! If  I tell him the truth. Father will hurt Mum. That's what he said. If I tell anyone he'll hurt Mum and it'll be my fault. I have to protect Mum!

"O-of course, s-sir! W-why do you a-ask?," Trying to hide his worry with one of his award-winning "smiles". 

Aizawa tilted his head ever so slightly, as if trying to detect a lie, in the boy's words.  He took another sip of his coffee before answering. 

"You and your mother look as though both of you lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Your apartment smelled a lot like alcohol. And the fact that you obviously haven't slept properly in quite some time."  

"A-ah," Izuku stuttered, flashing another "grin", trying to come up with a decent lie."W-well you s-see s-sir, Mum wanted me and her to try a, um, a-a diet that she had found online, I guess it must be working pretty well." The boy rambled trying to come up with anything that might throw his teacher off. 

Aizawa nodded once. But remained silent, as though waiting for the boy to continue.

"O-oh! U-um, F-Dad was having a, u-um party with some business partners last night and it finished really late a-and since both he and Mum both work a lot t-they just didn't have t-time to clean up!" 

"Alright. So why aren't you sleeping?"

As the boy tried to come up with a decent lie, a knock was heard from the door. Aizawa sighed , took one long swing of coffee, before placing the mug on the cluttered table and stood. He made his way across the room and opened the door. As soon as the door swung open a deafening voice yelled,

 "HEYYYYYYY SHOTAAAAAA!!!!"

"Shut UP Mic."

"Heh! Sorry Sho. Hey is the listener up yet? I brought some food."

"I can see that. And yes, Midoriya is up."

Aizawa stepped aside and in walked Present Mic. In his hero costume the first thought that came to Midoriya every time, was how much the Pro Hero resembled a very large yellow cockatoo.

 In his hero costume the first thought that came to Midoriya every time, was how much the Pro Hero resembled a very large yellow cockatoo

(That is a cockatoo for those of you who don't know. See the resemblance? And for those who downloaded this story and can't see the picture, its a white bird whose head feathers look a lot like Present Mic's hair. I found it funny ok? It's half past midnight my humor is not the best.)

Hizashi was wearing his hero costume and carrying a large platter bearing two plates of kastudon and two cups of water and something grey was draped over his shoulder. The blond makes his way towards the small table, followed by the tired teacher. 

"Heyyyyy listener!"He said upon seeing Midoriya,"Did ya sleep well? Your eye-bags are looking better."

"Uh. Y-yes! Th-thank you sir!

Hizashi then attempted to find a space to place (I can rime,again it's half past midnight              ( ->-)I'm sorry) the food.

"Jeez Sho. You really need to be more tidy! You're supposed to be an example for these students."

Almost immediately, Izuku placed his mug next to his teacher's, reached over and started arranging the different papers into neat little piles, making room for the tray of food. 

"Would you look at that your student is tidier then you. Maybe you should take a page out his book," the voice hero mocked, placing down the tray on the table.

"Oh shut it, Hizashi," Aizawa angrily growled. He then glanced up at his student who was awkwardly sitting, not knowing what to say. "Thanks, kid." The boy timidly smiled. Aizawa once again seated himself next to the boy. 

Hizashi meanwhile slumped down onto one of the opposite seats, sighing slightly and whipped off his tinted glasses.

" I asked Lunch Rush what food you ordered the most and he said you seem to enjoy kastudon the most. And he also said to bring you up a plate, Sho, because you can't just live off protein pouches and you need a decent meal every now and again."

Aizawa just growled something about how this was none of their business and to leave him alone. But reached put none the less and grabbed his bowl of kastudon. 

Izuku followed his example and took his own bowl.

"Th-thank you for bringing the food!"

"No problem listener!"

A silence reigned as the two ate, a calm silence. The food tasted heavenly to Izuku's starving stomach. Since he had not eaten since the day before, and done all that running the previous night, it gave him a sense of contentment and joy. Much more filling than the hot chocolate. 

"Did we miss anything important this morning?" Shota asked, between two mouthful.

"Nah! Nothing much! But, you should have seen your students faces, when I walked in this morning, not you. They thought you had died or something! They were so worried! Your students really do like you Sho!"

Aizawa grumbled something about "stupid kids,grumblegrumblegrumble, they don't need to worry". 

"Oh come on Sho! We all know you love them!"

At that point Aizawa shot Hizashi a glare that immediately silenced him. So the loud blond turned his attention instead to the small boy. 

"They were worried about you too ya know?"

Izuku glanced up at him, unable to answer due to the fact that his mouth was full of rice.

"Yeah! Before I walked in they were trying to contact you I think." 

"A-ah!" Izuku placed down his now empty bowl and checked his pocket before sighing, "I must have left my phone at home last night!"

"When you didn't pick up, I think they realised that you weren't coming. And I do believe Kirishima, Shinso, Uraraka, Iida, Todoroki and even Bakugou took notes for you." 

"K-Kacchan did?" Midoriya was taken by surprise. Kacchan took notes for me? 

Aizawa placed his own bowl down also shocked. 

"Now that is impressive. When was the last time you missed a class Midoriya?"

"U-uh I think it was in primary?"

"Yeah that makes sense. It was the first time in years you weren't there. But still, Bakugou worried for Midoriya? I would not have seen that coming."

....

Hey?

I know I keep apologizing and I know I always say the same thing. But I am really sorry. I was writing this chapter in chunks because my parents kept blocking my WiFi and it took me a lot longer to finish.

I am going to post the first chapter of the Dabi chatfic hopefully some time this week (and the first two chapters of another story I have been working on).

I also really wanted to thank you guys. Me and my parents have been fighting a lot recently and whenever I see one of you guy's comments it always makes me feel better. So yeah thank you .

I will try to post more frequently. I am so sorry it took me this long.

I love you all so much

Leolla <3