Chapter 2

Even Girl's Heads, Lil

Lily's POV

"Lilian, if I'm going to have to drag you to the party, gosh darn it, I will." 

Samantha said threateningly. It was the last period of the day and I have been stressing all afternoon. "Sammie, please, just this once." I groaned, begging. "No. I will not go there alone. I'm not an outcast." She retorted. "Well, you kind of are. You hang out with me. You could probably get in with the popular kids if it wasn't for your obsession to be friends with me." I honestly didn't know why she decided to take me under her wing in 2nd grade. 

"Well it's not my fault. We don't get to choose who we love, Lilian Paris Harrington." Damn her. She knows I don't like it when she uses my full name! I growled at her, and she only sent me a trumphiant smirk in response. 

Samantha, might I add, also always calls me Lil. I hated it because it reminded me of that girl from The Rugrats and I was not her. Not at all.

"Heyyyy, Samantha!" Samantha's crush, Austin Jacobs, walked up to her. "You're totally coming to Romeo's party, right?" Oh shit. It was Romeo's? Romeo is a piece of shit. He plays girls. He fucks 'em and leaves 'em, humps 'em and dumps 'em, you name it. Even his name is used purely to seduce girls. He says he hates his name and he's had it since the day he was born, but I think he legally changed it to drag in whores. I mean, he transferred to this school in the middle of last year, whose to say he didn't change it? 

"You know it! I'll see you there, maybe?" She winked flirtasiously and a light dust of blush appeared on his cheeks. "Y-Yes, I mean yeah, of course I will." He said with the slightest stutter. Austin was friends with Romeo and he was as good as it gets. Sweet, hot as hot can be, and he knew how to treat ladies right. It's not like anyone in this school remembers that women are not objects- except of course, Ethan and Austin. 

He waved to Sammie and walked off. He walked back into Romeo's group, and Romeo looked at him like he was scum he found on his shoe. 

What a dick. 

"See, you're going. I'll pick out a dress that even Romeo will ogle you in!" She squealed girlishly. I groaned. This was crap. Utter and pure crap. I had to study! I had to read! I had to keep my goddamn sanity! 

"I have a dress that will make all heads turn in your direction. Even girl's heads, Lil." 

"I'm not Lil, Samantha Lois Green." I growled. Samantha knew I only corrected her on my name when I was irritated. 

She gasped. "Lil! Why are you so irritated? You're going to have boys crawling all over you, begging to even get to here your velvet voice sweetums!" She gushed. I gagged. "I have a boyfriend." I argued. "That's a lame excuse." She retaliated. Samantha never liked Ethan. Don't ask me why. 

***

We were at the party. Party of IDIOTS, if you ask me. Horny, drunk teenagers all packed in a room to the point where you were basically forced to grind on someone. I looked at some of these people and realized they chose to hump their body's against someone else. Ew. 

So I was wearing a skin-tight black dress that showed some cleavage (not my decision) and went a few inches above my knees. I wasn't in there for 10 minutes when a guy started hitting on me. I shut him down quickly, telling him that girl over there looked hot. He looked at me disgustedly and left. Homophobe. Not that I was lesbian, I'm straight, but still. 

So, I was in the corner, sipping Coca Cola, trying to ignore the moans I heard from the left side of the house and terrible music blasting from the speakers, when I saw Ethan. Weird. He told me he had something to do tonight. I called out his name, but he didn't hear me. His back was facing me. "Ethan!" I called again. Nothing. 

I sighed frustratedly and walked up to him. I was about to say something when I saw a pair of hands run through his hair. 

What the actual fuck?

I stood there for a little while, trying to decipher what was happening, when he turned slightly to the side and I saw a girl. 

A girl. Running her hands through his blonde hair, making out with him like it was her last day on Earth. It was going to be if she didn't get her damn hands off of him! "I love you, Mia." He said to the girl. 

I heard my heart thumping in my ears. He'd never said I love you to me. Tears brimmed my eyes. I ran out of that scene and into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of vodka. People said alcohol took all your pain away. 

Maybe it would take away mine.