Chapter 7

Tastes in Living

Lily's POV

"Hey Lily!" Came the overly-cheerful voice that I had been dreading. "Hi Romeo." I grumbled. "Your sluts are all over me, if you don't mind." I added. "Ey, shoo! I'm walking 'ere!" I think he tried to do a New York accent, which he failed miserably at. I giggled. "See, that's what I wanted to hear, sweetest." He said cheekily, shaking my shoulders. "Hey do you maybe want to hang out later?" He asked, rubbing slow circles on my back. "No, I have to study. We have that calculus test, remember?" He groaned. "Fine do you want to have a study date?" He asked again, hopeful. "Sure, whatever." I heard him whisper a hiss, "yesssss!" I giggled lowly. 

"But we can't tomorrow, I have a date." I said proudly. He was silent for a few moments. "Getting back out there, huh?" He said, his voice a little shaky. "Yeah. His name is Benjamin. He's really sweet." I felt my cheeks go hot just thinking about him. "Benjamin...?" He asked, gesturing for his last name. "Benjamin Harris, he's in my 5th period." Romeo hummed, letting me know he heard me. "Are you doing anything tomorrow?" I asked him, changing the subject slightly. 

"No. Like I said before babygirl, I don't have any real friends." He zoned out for a moment, thinking. "Well, yes, actually, I have something going on. But it's a secret, if you don't mind, babygirl." He added thoughtfully. "Of course." I smiled at him, positively giddy after reminding myself of Benjamin. "Oh, by the way, I want you to meet... actually probably my only actual friend, after school with me, you know he's picking me up and he wants to meet you." He stuttered out quickly. 

I giggled. "Sure." He looked up at me, shocked, then smiled. "I didn't think you'd say yes, sweetest." He admitted. "Well I did." I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed. "You always manage to ruin the moment, babygirl." What was it with the nicknames? 

"It's one of my issues." I shrugged. I could practically feel the grin radiating off of him. "So, I've been meaning to ask, honey," honestly, the nicknames? "What kind of music are you into? I've been curious ever since I heard the song come on when that cheater called you." He voiced his thoughts to me. "Well, I listen to a lot of 60's and 70's. That song you heard was a Beatles song. You ever heard of them, The Beatles?" He shook his head. 

I stared at him incredulously. 

"You have not lived, Romeo Florence!" He snorted. "You, Lilian Harrington, who has never had sex when not intoxicated, is talking to me about not living?" He snorted again. "Look in the mirror, babygirl." I glared at him. "What? I'm sorry but holeing yourself in your room listening to music that came out 50 years ago and reading books about the good girl changing the bad boy because of love, or whatever it is you do, is not living." He stated quite bluntly, his eyebrows furrowing when he talked about the good girl changing the bad boy. 

"Well me and you have very different tastes in living, then." I said, huffing and speed walking to get ahead of him. "Lily! Lily! Damn it!" I heard him curse. "Babygirl, I'm sorry." He caught up with me easily, making me even more annoyed. 

"Listen, I just- I'm sorry, sometimes I just don't have an off button for my mouth-" I cut him off by giggling excessively. He just stared at me as I doubled over in laughter, probably sounding like a dying horse. "Lily?" He asked softly, obviously filled with confusion. "You're so gullible." I laughed again. He just stared at me like I was the 8th wonder of the world. 

"I-I'm not gullible!" He defended himself, thought not very well. "Ah well." I still let out a few breathless giggles now and then, but I came out of my laughing fit. "Whatever you say." I rolled my eyes. He just stood there, like a deer in headlights. 

"Come on! Are we going on a study date or not?" I whined impatiently. "Oh, so it's a date the lady wants, hmm?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. I smacked his shoulder. "You're an idiot, Romeo." He shrugged. "I know." He breathed out. 

I skipped along home, excited for my date tomorrow. I'm proud of myself for finally getting out there. I guess Ethan wasn't much to get over. I'm glad I wasn't like Scott Pilgrim, who didn't date until a year after his breakup. 

I don't know if I'd ever let myself get that sad. 

-*-*--------------------*--*--*--------------------*-*-

Okay, so, guys, for some visual representation, I found pics of the some of the characters. Here we go. 

Romeo Florence (except he has brown eyes):

https://images.app.goo.gl/vV9J9UEFYv3uUgjA7

Lilian Harrington is the girl on the left:

https://images.app.goo.gl/LYxvjeY9YYnBwEYT6

Samantha Green aka Sarah Silverman:

https://images.app.goo.gl/zUM2wSCpasqmGYe1A

Grey if you imagine him with dark hair:

https://images.app.goo.gl/z92i9cMJ1D4YcbEz9

Grey if you imagine him blonde:

https://images.app.goo.gl/ahHgcnqcCYZsRNWQ9

If you want any more character representations, feel free to tell me! 

Comment here!!!

Toodles!! 

Marceline <3