Chapter 9

I Just Wanted You to Know

Lily's POV

I was talking with Sam at my locker some hours later. I was talking about Benjamin, my date for tonight. "Yeah, he's really sweet, and I can't wait!" I gushed to Sam, my smile a little damper than it was yesterday. "I know, I'm excited for you!" She squealed. "But honestly, Lil, you've been hanging out with Romeo so much lately that I feel like you've totally forgotten about me!" She exclaimed breathlessly. "I'm sorry, it's just with the deal and stuff..." I trailed off, hoping she would get the clue. 

"I know." She sighed sadly. "Oh hey look, there he is!" I snapped my head in the direction she was pointing and saw the flawless boy who had me again last night. He had baggy eyes and a frown decorated his features. He seemed to be in deep thought, as his gray-black hoodie was pulled over his head, hiding most of his face from the world. 

"He looks rough." Sam shook her head. "What happened last night, Lil?" I just continued to stare at him. He showed me a real smile this morning, and now he was all depressed. "Lil?" Sammie looked at me worriedly. "Lilian what happened?" I shook my head, turning to look at her. "He- uh- last night-" 

"Lily?"

 A soft voice whispered from behind me. I whipped around. "Romeo." My voice was breathless, awed. I don't know why. "Can I talk to you?" He asked me nervously, his chocolate eyes focusing on me and only me. "Of course." We walked out of the school doors. "I'm sorry." He rushed out quickly, his hoodie down and a hand running through his dark hair. "I felt so terrible afterwards and I hated it, you know and Lily," 

he paused and just stared at me, an indescribable emotion on his face. "I-I," he stopped and ran his fingers again through his hair. "I'm sorry for taking advantage of you, especially when you have a date tonight. I'm sorry for being a horrible person to you and I'm sorry for taking your virginity." He said, finally. 

"I would take it all away if I could, Lily. I really would. But what's done is done and there's no use crying over spilt milk. So, Lily, I don't care if you hang out with me anymore, I'm no longer holding your virginity above your head. You can live your life doing whatever it is you please, without me." I stared at him in horror as he looked at me a final time and entered the school, leaving me with a lump in my throat and a heavy heart. 

-*-*-------------------------------------*--*--*----------------------------------*-*-

Sorry for a short chapter y'all! 

Is this a cliffhanger? Whoopsie! Sorry!

not.